Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any route permitted

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes I got off at H Heath, popped in and saw my girlfriend at got the train back to Brighton a bit later

So the real story was:

Yesterday I bought a ticket from worthing to brighton and while I was waiting for the train I thought, "God I fancy a shag" so I got on the train that went to Victoria. I pretended to nodded off and smiled sweetly at the guard. She, feeling sorry for me, says thats fine you can get off at the next stop Haywards Heath and go back to Brighton as my ticket was any route permitted. So off the train I get off at HH nip off for a quickey and return to the station to go home.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
So the real story was:

Yesterday I bought a ticket from worthing to brighton and while I was waiting for the train I thought, "God I fancy a shag" so I got on the train that went to Victoria. I pretended to nodded off and smiled sweetly at the guard. She, feeling sorry for me, says thats fine you can get off at the next stop Haywards Heath and go back to Brighton as my ticket was any route permitted. So off the train I get off at HH nip off for a quickey and return to the station to go home.

:blush:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
today i purchased a weeks season ticket between h heath and worthing. Cost 46.50. This ticket allows me to go through the barriers at brighton. How does that work then?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
today i purchased a weeks season ticket between h heath and worthing. Cost 46.50. This ticket allows me to go through the barriers at brighton. How does that work then?

Well Brighton is ON THE WAY from Worthing to HH, but HH quite obviously isn't on the way from worthing to Brighton.

No, there's not many trains between Lewes and Glynde in the evening, and you'd have to leave Lewes about half ten, far earlier than I'd normally leave bonfire night, to get the last train of the night back from Glynde. Going via HH is definitely the quickest/easiest way in my experience.

There's always the 2339 from Lewes to Polegate that arrives in time to connect with the 0005 from Polegate to Brighton (arr 0033). It'll cost more, but it takes the worry out of not getting on to Lewes station for the last train at 0017, because the queue is too long.

On the subject of trains ... I travelled yesterday on one of the newly refurbished 3-coach trains on the Seaford line. Much more comfortable than the un-refurbished version. And I managed not to want a wee in the 10 minutes it takes to get from Moulsecoomb to Lewes.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Well Brighton is ON THE WAY from Worthing to HH, but HH quite obviously isn't on the way from worthing to Brighton.
I know i was taking the piss, good thing they did for me too was bought a bus add on for b&h buses for another £9 for the week! Now how does that work!

I know i was taking the piss, good thing they did for me too was bought a bus add on for b&h buses for another £9 for the week! Now how does that work!

You get on the bus, show your ticket to the driver and sit down.

Simples.

And you can go from Brighton to Rottingdean, via Portslade, if you want.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
You get on the bus, show your ticket to the driver and sit down.

Simples.

And you can go from Brighton to Rottingdean, via Portslade, if you want.
I know but the bus add on is neither my starting point nor my destination! Looks like i have got a good deal as i live in saltdean work in worthing and spend 4 nights a week in h heath

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here