Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any plumbers / heating engineers around?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
hitony said:
Im not a plumber......but i do work for a major housing developer..and i can assure you that wont do any good :jester:

Are you responsible for building the shithole where I live?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Rangdo said:
Without wishing to be pedantic (although I do enjoy it) an air lock and air in the radiators is not the same thing.

An air lock is air somewhere in the system preventing the flow of water. In a boiler this will likely cause it to overheat and make banging noises and for parts of the system not to heat up properly.

Air in the radiators is just a build up of air released from the water or corrosion gases that rises to high points i.e. the tops of radiators and needs to be released.

I'm just the kind of guy you would want to get chatting to in a pub :lolol:

You have given two reasons for air in systems. You however fail to mention that the build up of air within a central heating system in MAINLY due to air being sucked in through the radiator valves. Differential pressure and the way cheap valves are manufactured causes this.

So if we were chatting in the pub what a good conversation we would have:D

Last edited:

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Gully no 1 said:
Debatable.................................i tried to get the "your just a third world country" chant going at swansea but it didnt catch :D

I think it was in full swing on the way home. My companions also bombarded me with "we're going to England, you're not, you're not" all the way back to Cardiff Central.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here