Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any plumbers / heating engineers around?

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Help, our boiler (well, we presume it's the boiler) is making odd noises. Cross between a moaning sound and someone drilling through the wall. Does anyone know what the issue might be? It's been getting more frequent and longer recently.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It sounds as though it could have an air lock?
I'm not an expert though.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Call a plumber...? Can let you habve cpl of numbers of our contractors if you req'

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Tricky Dicky said:
When I had central heating problems, someone on here pointed me to the 'Friends of the Albion' site and I got a plumber off there which was v.good. MBM Servics I think.

She lives in Cardiff.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Maybe it is a poltergeist. I got maintenance to look at it, and they claimed there was nothing wrong. But we're getting woken up in the middle of the night by this loud moaning noise.

And before anyone suggests it; we cant turn it off and on again.

Nor is it my flatmate having sex.

And wearing earplugs is not a sensible suggestion either.

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Uncle Buck said:

It's behind a locked door to which we don't have a key.

I just want some grounds to get maintenance to look at it again and call a proper plummer.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I have been told by Nibble you need to bleed your radiators. Apparently you can get a key for 50p from a hardware shop and you need to do it until the bubbling water stops coming out and its just normal water.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Les Biehn said:
I have been told by Nibble you need to bleed your radiators. Apparently you can get a key for 50p from a hardware shop and you need to do it until the bubbling water stops coming out and its just normal water.

As I said, an air lock. :)

Clothes Peg

Mar 3, 2007
Les Biehn said:

We don't have any radiators.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here