Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any other old gits build Lego kits?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Love Lego!

It’s not as big as some of these but I’ve just finished the Adidas Superstar trainer (my favourite choice of footwear) which was great fun.

Definitely want to do the Millenium Falcon one day when I can justify the cost to my other half!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We have the Space Shuttle and Saturn V in our lounge.

Saturn V is a great one to build.
Half way through the land rover defender ATM.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Haven't done any lego here for a few years . . . . There's enough in the loft to build a house. . .

All the best builds are off piste IMO

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lego is largely syndicated kits with all the right custom made bricks and colours and has been for about 25 years. I'd rather build a proper model.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I follow Emma Kennedy’s Lego build twitter feed, fun with bricks ( she is bonkers)

But I never really got any lego stuff when I was young so I started buying stuff lately.

Fathers day present just finished

View attachment 152489

Huge Ferrari….took me months!

View attachment 152490

Nice motor bike…took about 2 months.

Still do wooden ships and trams - latest creation…Endurance, Earnest Shackleton’s ship.

View attachment 152491
View attachment 152492

Love your Endurance model. Shackleton being a hero of mine. That's great.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Aston Martin DB5 £20 Lego kit is really good to build.

This is a good one too….. 8B0AD35E-C11C-4F6A-90D6-0969743BCB38.jpeg

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Now my daughter no longer makes Lego, neither do I and I shed an inward tear when I gumtreed her massive box of Lego - probably cost £00s new.

It's threads like this that keep me on NSC for hours. Thanks!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Love your Endurance model. Shackleton being a hero of mine. That's great.

Thanks….this has taken about 9 months so far. The lifeboats are extremely intricate and a challenge to bend the planking of their hulls ( 4 of them)

EE326326-99D5-4EC2-AC9D-82EB58F35DED.jpeg

FB20DD94-D7E9-46D8-82AE-4A075FA32FA1.jpeg. Love the kennels for the husky’s

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thanks….this has taken about 9 months so far. The lifeboats are extremely intricate and a challenge to bend the planking of their hulls ( 4 of them)

I admire your patience. Please do post updates, would love to see the progress.

Grizz

NSC Patron
Jul 5, 2003
We were meant to go to Venice for my husband's 40th and when covid put paid to that idea, I didn't know what to do. I worked throughout, but he was furloughed and bored, he'd never had lego as a kid, so I bought him the Disney Castle. He bloody loved it, took him weeks, but it was the best thing I couldve bought him, said it saved his sanity. He's got it on lazy Susan turntable to admire it in all its glory.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

That's ridiculous. You can get it direct from lego for less than £600.
https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/lego-titanic-10294

Some of the sets that are no longer available from lego are on sale for ridiculous amounts. A 1300 piece helms deep is almost £800, would probably have been less than £150 when it was available. The orthanc for £775, probably would have been around £200.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
If you have a lot of LEGO you find the instructions for a lot of the discontinued kits online.

The last kit I built was the Razor Crest (not the really expensive one), and I have the LEGO Star Wars advent calendar lined up for Christmas!

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Love a bit of Lego! last kit i got was the new 90th anniversary Castle and Spacecraft (homages to the classic 80s sets) apparently me spending to many £££s on Lego is a bad thing, but her spending on clothes, handbags and sooo many shoes is fine..... Lego is an investment!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
My stepdaughter asked me what I wanted for Xmas, said an Aston Martin please, see brought me a Lego one. Took me ages but got quite addicted to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
My stepdaughter asked me what I wanted for Xmas, said an Aston Martin please, see brought me a Lego one. Took me ages but got quite addicted to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a similar boat, realized I was never going to afford a Lambo so bought the Lego Sian version for something to do during lockdown. Wasn't cheap at about 700 Sing dollars but found it very cathartic and started a bit of an addiction. Took a while to build, mind. The architecture and vehicle kits look great imo. Hard to tell they're even lego when they're completed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Some years ago we spent over 4 hours in shifts on Christmas day building a walking lego AT-AT. Hard work, but it walked!

my job is designing and drawing stuff, then producing lego-esque instructions for people to use when making stuff. I love it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here