Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any one

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Struggling to find a job, especially 16-19?

Im still jobless and would like to know if its just me or a city wide slump (I know theres a recession and what not but lots of my friends have jobs!)

Oh and if anyone has got a job going/knows of a job going that'd be suitable for some one in college that'd be much appreciated :thumbsup:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Struggling to find a job, especially 16-19?

Im still jobless and would like to know if its just me or a city wide slump (I know theres a recession and what not but lots of my friends have jobs!)

Oh and if anyone has got a job going/knows of a job going that'd be suitable for some one in college that'd be much appreciated :thumbsup:

In the same boat mate. Had a job doing bits around an office to fit around college but kind of outgrew it. Been looking these last few weeks and there are no part-time jobs about-well, advertised ones anyway.
You're probably best off ringing round a few places and finding out first hand. Often companies don't even bother to advertise, so could be a decent option.
Plus, theres always companies like Tesco's, Sainsburys, Starbucks that seem to always be hiring.
I've got to start all over again in Brighton in September, so hope things pick up before then!
Good luck with it mate.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
In the same boat mate. Had a job doing bits around an office to fit around college but kind of outgrew it. Been looking these last few weeks and there are no part-time jobs about-well, advertised ones anyway.
You're probably best off ringing round a few places and finding out first hand. Often companies don't even bother to advertise, so could be a decent option.
Plus, theres always companies like Tesco's, Sainsburys, Starbucks that seem to always be hiring.
I've got to start all over again in Brighton in September, so hope things pick up before then!
Good luck with it mate.

Thanks,i've tried Tesco's - nothing! Sainsburys - had one going but didn't pick me... I've no experience but not a single GCSE below a C - i'm more than employable surely! Starbucks... hadnt checked there!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3320967 said:
Oh no no no, nothing like that mate. Perish the thought.

Just PM me your CV, waist measurement and a RECENT anus picture and we'll talk business.

PM SEnt :thumbsup:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Thanks,i've tried Tesco's - nothing! Sainsburys - had one going but didn't pick me... I've no experience but not a single GCSE below a C - i'm more than employable surely! Starbucks... hadnt checked there!

Again, I'm in the same boat. The only experience I've got is with office based shit, which doesn't help at all.
I may have to start getting experience in Danny's line of work soon enough..
Starbucks is a good 'un if theres jobs available. You can apply online for them and places like Vue cinemas, so it's a load easier.
I'm going down the route of ringing up local hotels, pubs etc now. f***ing embarrassing, but if it gets the job done :thumbsup:

ahahahahaaa
Was it the anus portfolio that did the damage?!

It was HORRIFIC

it looked like this;

predator.jpg

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3320967 said:
Oh no no no, nothing like that mate. Perish the thought.

Just PM me your CV, waist measurement and a RECENT anus picture and we'll talk business.

:lol::lol::clap:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
If you've got no experience, I'd invite you to consider volunteering somewhere. If you volunteer a few hours a week at a charity shop, for example, it will give you some retail experience and you can get a reference, get an opportunity to show you are punctual, trustworthy etc. It would also show you have initiative and would add much to your employability.

Look at it this way: If you were a manager of a Starbucks cafe, why would you offer a job to anyone with no experience? Sympathy? You need to give a manager a better reason to employ you than sympathy.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
If you've got no experience, I'd invite you to consider volunteering somewhere. If you volunteer a few hours a week at a charity shop, for example, it will give you some retail experience and you can get a reference, get an opportunity to show you are punctual, trustworthy etc. It would also show you have initiative and would add much to your employability.

Look at it this way: If you were a manager of a Starbucks cafe, why would you offer a job to anyone with no experience? Sympathy? You need to give a manager a better reason to employ you than sympathy.

I do actually help RUN a volunteer group, however its not retail... Waitrose, Sainsburys and Tesco have all rejected me for a job...

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
im temping atm after leaving college as no point going for full time as im going travelling in june.
want to move back to brighton but im fearful of the lack of jobs. if u want temp work there is a huntress office in brighton. i use the exeter branch (where im based atm) and they are VERY good. i had solid work from last september to christmas, however it has been dry for the past 2 weeks, with the snow stopping me from my 1st temp work of the year :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here