Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any one know anything about state benefits?

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
you can claim housing and council tax benefit until you start.And income support but dont think Jsa

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I can give you advice but its £150 per 15 mins and the clocks ticking

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Just be positive and sign on and lie lie lie .

Think of the taxes you will be paying during the next 30 years.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
yeah me too mate, I'm decorating my brothers flat tomorrow.:bigwave:

Does that qualify as work?

You can't claim JSA by the way as you are officially still a student.
Any other entitlements will depend on factors such as where you live and who with (are you being supported by family etc?).

Lying is possibly not the best option given your future profession but you could try Citizens' Advice or try Martin Lewis' Money Saving Expert site on-line

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
f*** off mate, you know nothing about me, don't start preaching about what I should do.

I worked for 4 years as a retail manager to put me through university and then set up a decorating business to pay for the LPC fees. I know a thing or two about the 'real world'.

Well your first message certainly didn't sound like it. If you are going to be any good as a solicitor you'll certainly have to phrase things better than that!

Put your clients cases as badly as that, and they won't get off, they'll get longer sentences, and soon you won't have any clients. You'll have to get used to an environment in which you can't get away with telling people to f*** off as well.

Four years (four whole long years?) retail management - wow, I'm really impressed with the hardship you had to undergo. Decorating a few more houses should see you through to September without having to scrounge.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told by a solicitor when I was done for doing 122.8mph not to lie but be economical with the truth and answer the question as briefly as possible preferably with a yes or no answer and not elaborate.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
It's why I pay my taxes - so that some idle f***ing layabout can have a summer in the sun and then really take the piss by earning a fortune as a scummy solicitor. Much better than them wasting it on health or education or somesuch rubbish.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Well your first message certainly didn't sound like it. If you are going to be any good as a solicitor you'll certainly have to phrase things better than that!

Put your clients cases as badly as that, and they won't get off, they'll get longer sentences, and soon you won't have any clients. You'll have to get used to an environment in which you can't get away with telling people to f*** off as well.

Four years (four whole long years?) retail management - wow, I'm really impressed with the hardship you had to undergo. Decorating a few more houses should see you through to September without having to scrounge.

Thanks for all advice, i'll be sure to take it onboard.

Oh, and I wont be working in criminal law, thankfully.

D

Deleted User X18H

you have to have had paid in sufficient NI contributions within the last two years to claim Contribution based JSA this is not means tested. You can get Income based if you have less than £16000 in the bank. I claimed Contribution based JSA for a month but they kept asking me questions about what I was doing to look for work and I ran out of humorous replies!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here