Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

any one else suffered from depression?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thats true. I was very depressed after the death of my first wife. Took me quite a few months before I could function at a reasonable level

It must be very sad to suffer depression and fortunately I never have.

I suppose when things seem very bad I try and picture how other people have to live their lives and then things slowly come into perspective and the situation or cause does not seem so bad.

Altered State

Feb 19, 2008
Olney, Bucks
Been there with depression myself. In fact it led me to what I do now - NLP and hypnosis, both of which can make a huge difference to depression.

Stay off medication if you possibly can, and if not make certain you look carefully at side effects. As a med. student you'll know about that but just a gentle reminder. I had a client last week who was suicidal after starting on medication.

Do PM me if you wish, can point you in the direction of leaving that depression behind.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
I also echo many of the comments above. Reducing my drinking and exercise were especially good when things were bad. Running is very good for the mind. It can also help to try some new activities or learn another sport etc. It's horrible when you're down there, but things can and will get better.

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
I've been on Citalopram for 11 months now. I had 6 months off work last year, and then had a graduated return to work. I'm now the happiest and most settled I've been in years. Can't recommend enough, if you can, taking the time out to try and be yourself

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've had depression for many years. Not to the point of slashing my wrists but not happy. Right now I take Citalopram which certainly leave my glass half full most of the time. I've just had work problems but feel fine.

Talking is good though. As depression is so common it's nothing to be ashamed of.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Has been mentioned more than once already but giving up the booze is one of the best things you can do to help yourself get through it.

Hard work, but alcohol really won't help you, and the money you save can be used to buy things that make you happy

Alcohol is seriously bad. Whilst it makes you unconscious (as against sleep) it is a depressant and whilst in the short term it will blot things out in the long run it'll contribute to depression with it's physical and mental side effects.

As Bluejuice rightly says it's not easy to get out of that rut especially if you happen to live in an area where treatment for alcohol is not very good. AA works for some people but a lot of people don't like it at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here