Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

any of you guys got DAB in your CAR in SUSSEX?!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Now, the only time I listen to radio in my car is when the mighty albion are on SCR, but my car radio is rubbish and whenever i'm going back to my folks in east grinstead the signal is terrible. (or the occasional radio 5 for cricket / football)

I've got a DAB in my house in hove, and can pick up all the stations I like to listen to (SCR, Planet Rock etc).

Do any of you have DAB in your car and put simply... is it shite?

Last edited:

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
Lewes is rubbish too. They (bloke in dixons) say its going to be 2012 before full coverage.

I too would be very interested in getting a DAB for my car but currently there is little point.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
sod that then, might just as well get a better ariel or get a powered one for ULTIMATE RECEPTION.

BIRCHYBOY27 said:
I live in bhill when i drive back from a game when i get to hassocks it floats between scr and another station really annoying.

errrrrr don't understand. You either get the digital signal or you don't. Digital radio doesn "float between SCR and another station". You either have the signal or you don't. What you've got sounds dangerously like good old FM

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Storer68 said:
errrrrr don't understand. You either get the digital signal or you don't. Digital radio doesn "float between SCR and another station". You either have the signal or you don't. What you've got sounds dangerously like good old FM

Indeed it does. It may float on the 'bubbling mud' stage, half SCR, half corrupt data stream mind.

Staypuft said:
Lewes is rubbish too. They (bloke in dixons) say its going to be 2012 before full coverage.

I too would be very interested in getting a DAB for my car but currently there is little point.

The bloke in Dixons is talking bollox as per usual, and has got the date of 2012 from the completion for digital TV switchover.

At present the BBC's DAB coverage reaches 85% of the Uk and commercial (Digital1) reaches around 70%

To quote and i have said this to Ministers loads of time now....

The government has not yet announced a switch-off date for analogue radio, but it’s not likely to be for many years yet. Local radio stations are gradually going digital, but the government won’t switch off analogue until the majority of people own a digital radio.:

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
i have dab in my car and it is fine, goes a bit wobbly when driving through Findo / Lewes area but apart from that on the coast it gives me no problem

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
dabblowup.jpg

???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here