Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news on stadium expansion?

huge

Mar 23, 2011
Assuming the increase at The Amex is agreed then does it not make more financial sense to put them all in at the same time rather than staggering it between this close season and the next? If the East and South corners get completed in the summer then the North will look even more bizarre sat on its own all unloved and detached.

I suspect this staggered approach is to show the council that the transport infrastructure can cope. I did think why nor finish the north then the south the following year so it was the away fans who had to wait for extra seats but I've concluded you still need to give them 10% for league and 15% for cup games so you'd end up eating into the east and west stand allocation.

Any way who gives a monkey with a gun? It's all amazing. I love our new home!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I suspect this staggered approach is to show the council that the transport infrastructure can cope. I did think why nor finish the north then the south the following year so it was the away fans who had to wait for extra seats but I've concluded you still need to give them 10% for league and 15% for cup games so you'd end up eating into the east and west stand allocation.

Any way who gives a monkey with a gun? It's all amazing. I love our new home!!!!!!!!

I expect it's because there's just not enough time to carry it all out in the 3 or so months of the close season. Its not only the seats but also the concourse areas to build and fit out.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
including the 'half time at hereford pages :) sends shivers down my spine still....how much The Albion meant to everyone and how scared we all were it was going to end back on 3rd May 97. Statue of Stevie Gritt should be outside the Amex so everyone realises that.

Hear hear

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
including the 'half time at hereford pages :) sends shivers down my spine still....how much The Albion meant to everyone and how scared we all were it was going to end back on 3rd May 97. Statue of Stevie Gritt should be outside the Amex so everyone realises that.

that sent a shiver down my spine mate - good shout there should be a Steve Gritt Statue.....

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

I assume they will move the away fans into the south east corner and give more seats in the south to albion fans - will be much better to have away fans between albion rather than give them a whole end.

huge

Mar 23, 2011
I expect it's because there's just not enough time to carry it all out in the 3 or so months of the close season. Its not only the seats but also the concourse areas to build and fit out.

Not sure about that. 24hr building site with night shifts. I don't think it's beyond the wit of man. We should "ask the club"

huge

Mar 23, 2011
I assume they will move the away fans into the south east corner and give more seats in the south to albion fans - will be much better to have away fans between albion rather than give them a whole end.

When I was a kid I used to go in to the south stand at the goldstone right next to the away support. I think his was the "family stand" I remember it not being too family at all. It kicked off a couple of times too! Was this the family stand or was my old man missing the argy bargy from the old firm games where he gre up?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

Just wondering how they would segregate the away fans on the concourse? Using the whole south stand would be easier.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Just wondering how they would segregate the away fans on the concourse? Using the whole south stand would be easier.
The South Stand was designed so that it could be split to accommodate home and away fans. There are separate entrances/exits , toilets , bars and kiosks for each half.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Probably the same way that they divide the south stand at the moment. From a purely selfish point of view, I'd love the South stand to be given over to home fans.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
The South Stand was designed so that it could be split to accommodate home and away fans. There are separate entrances/exits , toilets , bars and kiosks for each half.

Right, thanks, not been in there yet. Was going to pay a visit after the Leicester game, but changed my mind at the 90th minute...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here