Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any news on Gerry Ryan?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I'd like to add my best wishes to Gerry.

Holmesdale.net is full of kids, no excuse I know. I'd like to think those that would post on a childish thread like that aren't representative of the majority of us Palace fans.

We know the majority aren't, it is far better to judge Palace by the response to REMF, those lads are ambassadors for your club...not the keyboard warriors with their so called witty comment.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just found this link, but don't know if it is the ultimate irony or something else.... :eek:

London Borough of Croydon: Ryan, Gerry (Selhurst)

London Borough of Croydon

Councillor Gerry Ryan
Labour Member for Selhurst Ward (Shadow Cabinet Member for Culture & Sport) & Joint Deputy Opposition Leader)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
...and for those who don't remember the maestro in his irritating pomp...

[yt]C46NTj58QKo[/yt]

Always remember a goal he scored where he virtually ran the whole length of the pitch against MAN CITY in front of the south goal at the Goldstone.

Similar goal against Liverpool in the FA Cup 1984, February??, 2 minutes before (or was it after?) Connor scored a very similar goal. Corrigan in goal, Aldridge (or was it Rush, or both?) had a "couldn't hit a cows backside with a banjo" sort of game.

Anyone up for a thread of reminisences on that game, Sunday afternoon on a cold yet sunny day, one of the earliest televised FA Cup games I believe although I had the good fortune to see it live from the terracing in front of the West Stand. ...And then we went out in the next round against Watford (or did we?).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here