Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any more NSC wiki team volunteers?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A wiki plugin has been deployed to NSC and I want it to be appraised by a group of people over the next few days.

In short, I just want you to have a play - add articles, edit articles, undo edits and all that sort of good stuff to help see if the software is up to the task.

PM me and I'll add you to the group.

Thanks.

As you were.

Razi

Aug 3, 2003
Stevenage
I'm happy to offer my services if it's purely for testing, as I'm not the best person to be adding any factual content..

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Just had a hunt for NSC on Wikipedia, and I've added it to the acronym 'NSC' on there.

But, according to the link below, North Stand Chat's Wikipedia page seems to have been deleted – because the Stasi on there say it's only the 18th most popular message board and it only comes up in passing when searched for on Google. What a load of old cobblers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/North_Stand_Chat

Just had a hunt for NSC on Wikipedia, and I've added it to the acronym 'NSC' on there.
Not trying to be picky or pedantic, but letting this one go just means that another few people learn an incorrect definition of something, which they then use and pass on, perhaps virally (this is why 'aswell' is so endemic!)
Initials are only an acronym if they are pronounced as if they form a new or existing word, such as NATO, NALGO, POSH or SCUBA.

Last edited:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Not trying to be picky or pedantic, but letting this one go just means that another few people learn an incorrect definition of something, which they then use and pass on, perhaps virally (this is why 'aswell' is so endemic!)
Initials are only an acronym if they are pronounced as if they form a new or existing word, such as NATO, NALGO, POSH or SCUBA.

You're dead right, Notts. So what's the term for North Stand Chat's abbreviation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here