Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Human Heart - C4 Sunday 21:00hrs

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Enjoyed it not withstanding some of the odd timelines in episode 3 and 4.
I guess it got a little blurred as Logan was approaching his final scene.
But even then, I thought the make up was spot on, with subtle ageing in Logan's face, not to mention his blue cardie helping.

dylan_bha

Sep 21, 2004
LA
Originally Posted by Peter Grummit
looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the book and the series has been pretty good. One key bit missed from the book is the fact that Freya remarried whilst he was interned in Switzerland, as she thought he was dead.

PG

Indeed she married a chap from Iceland who Logan visited and got his money back for the house as the Iceland bloke inherited it when she was killed by a bomb along with Stella.

That is really spoiled my view of Freya to hear that she remarried whilst pregnant with Logan's child - afterall he was only away for a year (or was it longer?) and I thought their love was supposed to be eternal soul mate type stuff??

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Originally Posted by Peter Grummit
looking forward to this. I really enjoyed the book and the series has been pretty good. One key bit missed from the book is the fact that Freya remarried whilst he was interned in Switzerland, as she thought he was dead.

PG

That is really spoiled my view of Freya to hear that she remarried whilst pregnant with Logan's child - afterall he was only away for a year (or was it longer?) and I thought their love was supposed to be eternal soul mate type stuff??

Read the book as Logan was away for quite a lot longer than a year imprisoned as a POW

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Probably my last missive on AHH, and even then it's not my words.
I'd convinced a mate to watch, although he wasn't sure after episode 1, he stuck with it and was well rewarded.
He watched the last episode, yesterday, and when asked about it today he said:-

'That was so good I couldn't watch anything anything afterwards, and just turned the radio on.
You won't see better TV than that, and I didn't want to spoil it by watching sh*te'.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Mogadishu anyone :lolol:

I did find that part highly amusing.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Having missed them on telly, I watched all of them on 4OD last night.

Absolutely stunning. Loved it from the first to last minute - even if Matthew McFadyen's character was supposed to be 57 when he was shagging that hippie chick.

But then, Jim Broadbent (along with Timothy Spall and Pete Postlethwaite) is one of my favourite actors.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having missed them on telly, I watched all of them on 4OD last night.
How'd you manage that, it's not like we didn't give you enough of a heads-up. :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Glad you enjoyed, would recommend the book as well as it covers quite a bit more obviously and very interesting.

I'll loan you it if you want.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Yay, DVD just arrived - so looking forward to watching this quality program again.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never tire of this, as Xmas schedules dull watching this again back to back

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It was a great series and it encouraged me to get the book, which is also brilliant - hugely entertaining read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here