Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any fans planning to buying SSC final through borough. Think again

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All 2000 plus 1901 members are entitled to go to this I believe so I am guessing around 6000 tickets up for grabs. Be nice if the club prioritised Withdean Season ticket holders for this one.

Are 1901 members assured of their tickets? I had not heard that.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
let "us" borough see how much of our allocation we sell up to 5,000 tickets then the rest brighton can do what they like with, just don't like the idea of brighton fans getting tickets from our allocation because they know they are going to struggle to get one from their own....which they will. i like what our chairman has done...shareholders/members/st holders and all those who were at the last game against bath who got a voucher to ticket entitlement....funny how the gate rose to over 1,000 for that game and a piss of with the amount of brighton shirts in with us who did not even know our players names, thats my point.

Mate you are full of shit. How many did Borough take to their last SSC final? Seeing as it was held at Culver Road? Less than 500 I would wager. So, yes Brighton fans do want to go to this game because it is the first game at the Amex and yes, the same is true for Eastbourne. Why should you get 5,000 tickets? No club ever gets 50% of a cup final's tickets. How about you take your 1,500 or 2,000 or whatever it is, try and sell them, if you do manage it, as this is well over your average attendance, maybe you can start having a go. All the Borough fans who attend regularly should be able to get a ticket, the same cannot be said for us, so please, f*** off until you actually have something to moan about.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
watched every home reserve game for bha,but WILL not be going to this tin pot cup,it will ruin it for the 1st league game FACT.

I agree with that - because Borough fans would have been more likely to attend the final wherever it was. But it's a complete one-off, there is no precedent as for every other senior cup final its pay on the day and they're happy to have as many as they can. The fact is it's an Albion side and a massive event - how do you suggest the Albion tickets are allocated?

Easy........ Eastboune should get 3500, BHA should get 3500. split 50/50 as a neutral venue for a cup final. There will then be 2000 1901's (they can coz they pay loads) and 1000 for Staff, Sussex FA, players relatives etc....

Of the 3500 we get, they should be offered in this order:-

Withdean STH's then current STH's

We would also likely expect some to be returned from EB if they cant sell their 3500

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The club I used to play for and manage has been given 9 tickets for the SSCF. The current manager is only handing these out to the Albion fans among us but you can imagine the amount of people who will be able to get a ticket just to see the new stadium.

Right or wrong I don't know but the club are making sure they get the full 10,000 needed as part of the safety certificate procedure.

Ahem! Ahem!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
let "us" borough see how much of our allocation we sell up to 5,000 tickets then the rest brighton can do what they like with, just don't like the idea of brighton fans getting tickets from our allocation because they know they are going to struggle to get one from their own....which they will. i like what our chairman has done...shareholders/members/st holders and all those who were at the last game against bath who got a voucher to ticket entitlement....funny how the gate rose to over 1,000 for that game and a piss of with the amount of brighton shirts in with us who did not even know our players names, thats my point.

Why would Brighton fans be expected to know your players names?

I bet the majority of Eastbourne 'fans' don't even know what league you're in, let alone know players names. All they want is a first look at The Amex-just like Albion fans, who, in my opinion, are more entitled than some JCL Eastbourne fans.

'You' wouldn't sell 500 tickets if the final was at, say, The Dripping Pan or Crawley so don't get all sanctimonious about Albion fans who have never seen a reserve game wanting to go to the first game at a stadium they've waited 14 years for.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dont care about the game itself but wouldnt mind going for a look around the stadium.

Which is probably what 90% of the 10,000 will say too.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Reliably told that a certain local club were given tickets for their players but they have something on that day,so they sent them back.15 more tickets available then.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Mate you are full of shit. How many did Borough take to their last SSC final? Seeing as it was held at Culver Road? Less than 500 I would wager. So, yes Brighton fans do want to go to this game because it is the first game at the Amex and yes, the same is true for Eastbourne. Why should you get 5,000 tickets? No club ever gets 50% of a cup final's tickets. How about you take your 1,500 or 2,000 or whatever it is, try and sell them, if you do manage it, as this is well over your average attendance, maybe you can start having a go. All the Borough fans who attend regularly should be able to get a ticket, the same cannot be said for us, so please, f*** off until you actually have something to moan about.

how about you shut your mouth you gobby wanker....

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
Why would Brighton fans be expected to know your players names?

I bet the majority of Eastbourne 'fans' don't even know what league you're in, let alone know players names. All they want is a first look at The Amex-just like Albion fans, who, in my opinion, are more entitled than some JCL Eastbourne fans.

'You' wouldn't sell 500 tickets if the final was at, say, The Dripping Pan or Crawley so don't get all sanctimonious about Albion fans who have never seen a reserve game wanting to go to the first game at a stadium they've waited 14 years for.

such a knob, giving it barry big bollox eastbourne fans not know their teams players names lmfao, and not know what league we are in??? you really are stupid? do you know your name? i probably know more about bha than you do lol!!!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
such a knob, giving it barry big bollox eastbourne fans not know their teams players names lmfao, and not know what league we are in??? you really are stupid? do you know your name? i probably know more about bha than you do lol!!!
Grow up young un.
EB are getting 1500 tickets. That's more than enough for you.

Yoda

English & European
I wonder what percentage of Eastbourne fans are also Brighton fans that live in Eastbourne & what percentage ONLY support Eastbourne?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Hit a nerve did I?

Silly boy.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
how about you shut your mouth you gobby wanker....

Again, when you have sold your allocation and there are thousands (as if) of Eastbourne Borough fans unable to get tickets for this match come on here and complain. At the moment you are complaining about nothing. The Albion could have said to the Sussex FA that they will give them the number of tickets that Culver Road holds and kept the rest for us. They have not and they have given Eastbourne (average attendance 1,135) 1,500-2,000 tickets. This is fair, gobby wanker signing off!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was told by a reliable source that 2010/11 STHs are getting priority for the SSC Final.

Prority for the 1901 members doesn't even enter into the equation.

This is a match, after all, for the 2010/11 season.

As it should be in my opinion.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011

Exactly. Brighton have a fan base of many thousand and EB 1,000.
Those Brighton fans have been loyal and spent alot of money over the years, and quite rightly look forward to watching the first ever Amex game.

Genuine EB fans (i.e. the hard core who watched last season) will not miss out on a ticket, so what's the problem? They do not deserve any more tickets.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here