Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Eye experts/Opticians on NSC?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Good work Dingo!! this is almost exactly what has happened to me. I do feel a little heavy headed now though if that makes sense

I had the weird flashing zig zag thing a few months ago for the first time and once again a couple of weeks back. It is quite scary when you don't know what it is! It lasted about half an hour but I felt weird for the rest of the day, not a headache but like you said, heavy headed and tired. I still haven't been to the doctor but I'm hoping it's a migraine of sorts.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
: QUOTE=Art Vs Science;4352789]My right eye is constantly flashing bright white lights i can see it more looking at bright light but it is there constantly. It moves wherever i look.

Or.............i am going clinically insane[/QUOTE]
facing your camera the wrong way:lol:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Migraines are well nasty, I've had them for 30 yrs now, I hate that disturbed vision called an aura, I get that for about 45 mins then that stops for 5 mins then I go into a 7-10 hour headache that can be pretty unbearable.
Hope you don't suffer these but agree with other posts and it does sound like that's what may be happening

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I had the weird flashing zig zag thing a few months ago for the first time and once again a couple of weeks back. It is quite scary when you don't know what it is! It lasted about half an hour but I felt weird for the rest of the day, not a headache but like you said, heavy headed and tired. I still haven't been to the doctor but I'm hoping it's a migraine of sorts.

This is definitely an opthalmic migraine. I've been having these for years and while they can be quite disconcerting they are actually harmless.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
If it's still happening in the morning and not associated with any headache etc get it checked out as flashing lights can be a sign of retinal detachment which can be fixed.

Sep 1, 2010
: QUOTE=Art Vs Science;4352789]My right eye is constantly flashing bright white lights i can see it more looking at bright light but it is there constantly. It moves wherever i look.

Or.............i am going clinically insane
facing your camera the wrong way:lol:[/QUOTE]

Bugger..............i knew something was not quite right.

Sep 1, 2010
How are you now arty?

Fine mate. No more flashing(Ohhh Errrr) i think it was one of these optical migraine thingies. I did have a head a little bit like a hangover during the evening so it was almost def that, if it happens again i will pop to docs. It is a little bit freaky when it happens though

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Fine mate. No more flashing(Ohhh Errrr) i think it was one of these optical migraine thingies. I did have a head a little bit like a hangover during the evening so it was almost def that, if it happens again i will pop to docs. It is a little bit freaky when it happens though

Lol, I've been having migraines for years and they don't get any nicer, I've worked out the triggers for mine are dehydration, getting too tired, too much coffee cheese or chocolate and also stress. Hopefully yours was a one off mate, but if you get another best bet is lots of fluids, couple of pain killers and lie down in a dark room with a wet flannel over your eyes as soon as you can :thumbsup:

Sep 1, 2010
Lol, I've been having migraines for years and they don't get any nicer, I've worked out the triggers for mine are dehydration, getting too tired, too much coffee cheese or chocolate and also stress. Hopefully yours was a one off mate, but if you get another best bet is lots of fluids, couple of pain killers and lie down in a dark room with a wet flannel over your eyes as soon as you can :thumbsup:

Okay will remember that thanks alot. Thing is though.....other than being a little heavy headed, the flashing in the eye was the only main symptom. Never really even had a normal headache before other than hangover so very odd.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Okay will remember that thanks alot. Thing is though.....other than being a little heavy headed, the flashing in the eye was the only main symptom. Never really even had a normal headache before other than hangover so very odd.

Then I'd say you've been quite lucky mate, I'm at the opposite end of the scale I have had attacks of 5 in 3 days but fortunately ended up with the same neurologist as the mrs, think I've had 2 in the last year or so now. How do you feel now?

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
All good now. Blimey your version sounds alot worse hopefully won't be worse than I had then

For about day and a half after it usually feels like my eyes are falling out and I've got marbles rattling about in my head and I get a pair of black eyes too. The vision thing (docs call it aura, I call it the squiggles) is just the warm up for the main event lol. One of those things that docs know there are triggers for but don't fully understand why. I just like to be difficult :D

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
I get that sometimes, think it's perfectly normal.

Are Eye Floaters serious?
Under normal circumstances, eye floaters are absolutely nothing to worry about.
Everyone experiences them from time to time and they cause no ill effects.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here