Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any emulator users out there? i.e. Mame

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I've got a few different emulators running in my arcade cabinet like mame, super nes, sega genesis etc all running from a Mala front end.
Question I've got is anyone using the Amiga emulator, Winuae? Having real problems with it. Especially running it from mala front end

Windows

Feb 8, 2013
Hove
I use MAME all the time to relive my childhood videogame days...I still adore the likes of Galaxians, Mr Do, Time Pilot, Pole Position etc.... :ohmy:

I've also used WinUAE to play my old Commodore Amiga discs, but only on my PC.

Sounds like you have a real impressive setup moggy! :wave:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got a few different emulators running in my arcade cabinet like mame, super nes, sega genesis etc all running from a Mala front end.
Question I've got is anyone using the Amiga emulator, Winuae? Having real problems with it. Especially running it from mala front end
I understand all but 3 words, in that post.

But when written in that order none of them make sense.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
I understand all but 3 words, in that post.

But when written in that order none of them make sense.

WHen I first read it, I read it as, especially running it from male front end. Sounded serious until I read it again.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I use MAME all the time to relive my childhood videogame days...I still adore the likes of Galaxians, Mr Do, Time Pilot, Pole Position etc.... :ohmy:

I've also used WinUAE to play my old Commodore Amiga discs, but only on my PC.

Sounds like you have a real impressive setup moggy! :wave:

You can't beat the old classics eh.
I can run winuae from my laptop on its own but I can't get it configures to run from mala so no point installing it into the arcade cabinet.
Shame cause Amiga was the games machine to have all those years back

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I've had problems using WinUAE aswell but on my laptop. I've got all the source docs and my Kickstart ROMs are in the right place, but one of the game ROMs are working.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
On a similar related thread, I remember a few years back I stumbled upon a fruit machine emulator that you could load up all the old classic fruit machines on.

Any one into this or can point me in the right direction as I used to love playing them.

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
I've modified my Xbox to run over 10k retro games. Emulator from Atari to Ps1. It's been converted and sealed Inside an arcade cab. Thus, I have an arcade machine In my flat. If i wanna play Pacman. it's there. Donkey Kong. Bam. Heck, one touch of a button and I have switch to Super Street Fighter 2. The best part Is. I have full arcade controls. 1 player button and 2. Auto credit and even a money slot If I fancy making a few quid on the side ;)

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
I've modified my Xbox to run over 10k retro games. Emulator from Atari to Ps1. It's been converted and sealed Inside an arcade cab. Thus, I have an arcade machine In my flat. If i wanna play Pacman. it's there. Donkey Kong. Bam. Heck, one touch of a button and I have switch to Super Street Fighter 2. The best part Is. I have full arcade controls. 1 player button and 2. Auto credit and even a money slot If I fancy making a few quid on the side ;)

Now this I like :thumbsup:

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Now this I like :thumbsup:

Completely agree :drink:

Is that an original XBox or Xbox 360? How much would you charge to produce one :drink:

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Have any of you ever thought about leaving the house and getting a girlfriend

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Have any of you ever thought about leaving the house and getting a girlfriend

705d1348124483-umat-2012-thread-909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I knew someone who wrote a SNES emulator for the PS2 just because someone else said "I bet you can't".

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
NSC Patron
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
On a similar related thread, I remember a few years back I stumbled upon a fruit machine emulator that you could load up all the old classic fruit machines on.

Any one into this or can point me in the right direction as I used to love playing them.

A friend of mine is involved with the website FRUIT-EMU.COM. I think that it has emulators etc.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Interesting thread, I have MAME, ZSNES and a Commodore 64 emulator on my laptop (the C64 one is JUST for Fort Apocalypse, and TBH I use ZSNES mainly for Mario hacks).

Before I thought about travelling I was looking building a cabinet myself, but just for MAME, putting other emulators as well in there sounds awesome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here