Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Any else feeling unapologetically in the mood for Christmas?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
On Tuesday I saw a house in Newhaven with Christmas decorations up in all the front windows, no clue when they actually put them up but 26th October is far too early.
When I was a kid ours went up on December 15th, and I don’t remember seeing decorations on houses before December back then.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
No.

I. Don't hate it but there is precious little good will in the country these days and the rest of it is a load of capitalist bollocks

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Watched Home Alone last night as the Halloween cartoon was too scary for the grandson. Guess what? Home Alone 2 this morning.:xmas:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I would imagine given last year, a lot of people will be looking forward to it more than useful. Without wanting to derail the thread already, it does make the recent Government mutterings about Plan B all the more strange. If they F it up and screw up Christmas again, it will be a PR disaster.

Useful?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
On Tuesday I saw a house in Newhaven with Christmas decorations up in all the front windows, no clue when they actually put them up but 26th October is far too early.
When I was a kid ours went up on December 15th, and I don’t remember seeing decorations on houses before December back then.

Traffic wardens should be redeployed to report on houses like this and a law passed banning their use until a week before Xmas…their should also be a snitchers hotline :whistle:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
15 degrees every day and still occasionally chasing out wasps... definitely no Christmas feelings here.

Stumpy Tim

The wife's birthday is November 30th, and the next day Christmas begins. Having said that, I've already started buying a few presents for the kids... nothing major, but with a Covid surge then who knows what could happen

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Now, I have seen this before on here so let's give it a go. Just Trump your way out of it.

Yes - useful. I am looking forward to Christmas more than useful. All these woke snowflakes trying to get me to say usual. PC gone mad. And the MSM saying I have a weird lapse of thought when typing from time to time resulting in similar but irrelevant words coming out are just Fake News. Very sad.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

I assume it wasn't the house on Lawes Avenue that used to have decorations up from about September to July.

Going to see that counted as a treat when I was growing up. We only lived on the next street along :lolol:

In answer to the original question, no Christmas before Bonfire Night. Those are THE RULES.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I assume it wasn't the house on Lawes Avenue that used to have decorations up from about September to July.

Going to see that counted as a treat when I was growing up. We only lived on the next street along :lolol:

In answer to the original question, no Christmas before Bonfire Night. Those are THE RULES.

The Rose Walk, this one has started very early this year, there has been a house in the same road with multiple lights outside in mid November before, I’m guessing it’s the same house.

I have heard about that house in Lawes Avenue.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2011
Yes I am looking forward to Xmas but there will be no decorations up in this house before December. I have spoken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here