Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Daft Punk fans out there ?

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I like all their singles, but i can't recall listening to any album tracks despite having two albums. Surely there is nothing better than Get Lucky on the new album? Feel very sorry for the dog in the Da Funk video - he's so affable.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Some tracks I didn't like when I first played it today. But I've had it on non-stop since then, and really think it grows on you. Not every track is a "Get Lucky", but it should also make number 1 in the album charts this weekend :smile:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
This is the first (21st century) album that i could honestly put on repeat, probably for at least a few weeks, and i would not get bored. It's by no means a normal daft punk album, it isnt really dance music, instead it is really just a masterpiece in music and music production. The only song i don't like is 'get lucky' because i feel they just whacked it in there to get a single off the album - it doesn't fit. It isn't daft punk as you have heard them before, i'll tell you that much.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
STUNNING album. Absolutely in love with it. Superb songwriting and production throughout.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
My favourite work that they've done is the Tron soundtrack. From start to finish it is every bit as good as soundtracks the likes of Hans Zimmer produce. It fits the film perfectly

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely there is nothing better than Get Lucky on the new album?

As a perfect example of a pop single no, there isn't. But then this is the only "single" on the album so there wouldn't be. But there are plenty of other mighty fine moments. This album is wierd in that it is very accessible and grabs you from the first listen but it still continues to grow and I still hear new and different things with subsequent listens. How on earth do they do this?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
How good is " give life back to music " ? Ridiculous !

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Being a young'un, I actually had no idea how long they've been around, assumed it was about 5-10 years. Only just noticed that 'One More Time' is by them!

Then I go and look at their wiki and they've been around for 20 years, bloody hell! :eek:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Give Life Back To Music and Instant Crush will be the other singles. #prediction

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Give Life Back To Music and Instant Crush will be the other singles. #prediction

Give life back to music is absurdly good. That will be the summer number one, no doubt about that at all.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Touch is getting rinsed in the Tubthumper wohnzimmer at the moment.

matildaseagull

Aug 12, 2003
Good Old Sussex
Got round to downloading album today and am giving it a listen now. Seriously impressed, loving the Julian Casablancas track. This album is highly polished and very beautiful. I like it lots.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Got round to downloading album today and am giving it a listen now. Seriously impressed, loving the Julian Casablancas track. This album is highly polished and very beautiful. I like it lots.

I am working my way through the album slowly and am on track 6. Track 6 " lose yourself to dance " is, if possible even better than the first 5 tracks and " get lucky ". This is the best album I have heard in a decade. It is a work of genius.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Brilliant album.

'Get Lucky' is a huge tune but as said above it does feel a little out of place with the mood of the rest of the album.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brilliant album.

'Get Lucky' is a huge tune but as said above it does feel a little out of place with the mood of the rest of the album.

Get Lucky is not by a long way the best track on the Album and it is superb. That is how good this Album is. Ridiculously good.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Love The Giorgio track and infact every track is brilliant.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not got the album but love Get Lucky. Short list said that if it gave scores out of 10, it would be a 10.5 #impressive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here