Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any Car Insurance Experts out there?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Im due to renew my car insurance in the next day or so but Im pondering wether to delare a medical condition (no sniggering at the back). Ive got nerve damage in both legs which makes walking difficult but not impossible ... my upper leg strength is fairly good (good muscular thighs Ive been told). Should I declare this as a medical condition if I do will it a) bump up my premium considerably or b) would they question my driving ability?

any advice gratefully recieved

CD

I work in a large local insurers claims area and used to work at Eagle Star motor claims.

You should disclose EVERYTHING and not just WHAT YOU THINK is worth disclosing.

If you had a serious accident that was your fault and you did not disclose your condition, your insurers not only have the right to cancel your policy from outset, but to claim any costs they have incurred as a result of you withholding medical information from them.

In addition, you may very likely be sued by the third party and as your insurer will have cancelled your policy because you did not provide FULL disclosure, you would have to cover the cost of the repairs to the other vehicle, personal injuries the other party(ies) would have sustained (£1700 for a whiplash claim is standard nowadays), along with any other uninsured losses (Excesses, travelling expenses, Doctors fee's, etc) and that's WITHOUT the cost of your vehicle repairs!!!

SO my advice is to disclose EVERYTHING...even if it means that your premiums cost a little extra.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here