Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Any bikers on here.......

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
And if there are how often do you get screws/nails stuck in your tyres.

Have had 2 in my back wheel this month alone.

Never get any in my car.

Is rather frustrating, and expensive to get fixed.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Somebody said to me it is cause of too much filtering, but surely everybody filters don't they?

That's the whole point of having a bike.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Cars tend to take a very similar line on most roads, you can see it in the way the tarmac wears. By contrast bikes have the freedom to position themselves anywhere on the road, often in places where nails etc are not scooped up by the cars.
And yes its bloody annoying to get a puncture on a motorbike.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Probably because a bike is usually on a different part of the road to where car tyres are (i.e. the middle of the lane or between lanes) and therefore likely to be where the debris has accumulated.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Cars tend to take a very similar line on most roads, you can see it in the way the tarmac wears. By contrast bikes have the freedom to position themselves anywhere on the road, often in places where nails etc are not scooped up by the cars.
And yes its bloody annoying to get a puncture on a motorbike.

You must type quicker than me!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Why is the debris screws and nails tho?

Who is putting these on the road?

Whomever it is can they stop please.

mikeyross

Jun 22, 2011
Happened to me once in 1998!! You have my sympathies, it's a pain in the arse, alright.
The roads are full of debris. I'm a cyclist and it always amazes me how much smashed glass is collected to the sides of all types of road.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can you get a tyre mended with a nail in it as our spare one in the car is knackered due to this

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
In the last 5 years I have had 2 and they were a week apart grrrr

On a separate biker related issue isn't the Amex a dream to get to on a bike as opposed to public transport....

Chinster

Aug 7, 2011
In the last 5 years I have had 2 and they were a week apart grrrr

On a separate biker related issue isn't the Amex a dream to get to on a bike as opposed to public transport....

I just love getting to the Amex on a bike,its just so easy....and as for getting out, i can be home within 15 minutes of the final whistle, just in time for final score. Get in!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Depends where it is, I had both rear tyres repaired within a month at the start of the year at a local independent garage £15 a go.

Just lodged in one of the tyres which is now a spare

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Is a pleasure getting to the Amex on the bike. I travel there from Portsmouth and is a nice ride and quicker than train by a mile.

Got tyre fixed and according to chap in shop it's near the traffic islands that these things build up. Will be staying on the straight and narrow round these from now on.

Reckon anybody comes by bike from
further afield than Pompey?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Used to be a courier going out of London years ago. Might be your positioning on the road moving to close to the curb where a lot of crap is flicked.
Also top tip if you haven't got one recommend getting a Scotty oiler and fill it with chain saw oil.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Yeah got a Scott Oiler they are superb.

Think my positioning is ok perhaps too many short cuts and trying to dodge queues up the middle.

Getting a new back tyre in a 1000 miles or so. Will endeavour to look after this one a bit better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here