Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Antique amateurs required

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Help needed please.

I have a few items in many forms, they may not be worth anything but scrap value, however they may be collectable.

I don't really trust 'The duke' type characters to get an honest opinion. Is there anyone on here that classifies themself as a good amateur expert?

Coins are one thing I have found very difficult to value, different grades including luster all come into the equation.

What has North stand chat got to offer?

I do know there are a few of antiques on here! But do they hold any value!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Help needed please.

I have a few items in many forms, they may not be worth anything but scrap value, however they may be collectable.

I don't really trust 'The duke' type characters to get an honest opinion. Is there anyone on here that classifies themself as a good amateur expert?

Coins are one thing I have found very difficult to value, different grades including luster all come into the equation.

I had a couple of things valued online by a couple of valuers recently - very good, free service, no obligation to sell or anything. Quick response too from these

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Help needed please.

Put some pics and a description and we can all have a go!

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
Put some pics and a description and we can all have a go!
Thanks, but I have too many individual items, and an old chap such as I, wouldn't know how to do that.

If I snapped it, what do I do then?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Help needed please.

Would you take a fiver for the lot?

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It may be best to get a professional opinion. You could take them to Gorringes in Lewes. I have used them a number of times, both to buy and sell.

AlbionBro

Jun 6, 2020
It may be best to get a professional opinion. You could take them to Gorringes in Lewes. I have used them a number of times, both to buy and sell.
Thanks but If they have a shop then my feeling is some reasonable profit is being made somewhere, unless the have a high turnover. I don't want my Y fronts fully pulled down, they could pull them down a little, if I like them.

No disrespect to them at all.

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Thanks but If they have a shop then my feeling is some reasonable profit is being made somewhere, unless the have a high turnover. I don't want my Y fronts fully pulled down, they could pull them down a little, if I like them.

That's called business, they have overheads. Tesco don't sell you tins of beans and loaves of bread at their cost price do they?

I would suggest looking at Sold prices on eBay particularly for smaller items which can be posted and this will give you an indication if what you have is something that someone else wants.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

They are auctioneers. They work on volume, more than price. They don't have a shop as such, just some rooms where they show the auction items to potential bidders. As they are online, you will be selling to bidders from all over the world, including dealers, collectors, investors, etc, not just someone on NSC, looking for a bargain.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
1722350982663.png

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Charlie Hanson has been a tv regular for many years. His auction house in Derby offers FREE valuations.

Or just google "auction house free valuations"

Where I would urge caution is going into one of those "antique mall" places to get a valuation - or if you do, don't trust it and don't sell to them!!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Sweet baby Jebus, her Chesterfield is in f***ing A1 condition.
What episode was this? I don't remember her attracting so much of my attention.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
What coins? Gold sovereigns/silver coins or bars etc
The Silver Forum is the best place to get a value and sell coins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here