Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti LDC T-shirt

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm sick of LDC an the Liberal Demopratt party.

Borrowing from Trainspotting, I was thinking of getting a load of t-shirts printed using replacement sentences for each line from the immortal 90's poem "Choose Life". But ultimately, I'd have to know how much interest there would be, if any, from the Albion faithful. All proceeds after covering costs would go to Kerry Mayo's testimonial fund and the Seagull party. Hopefully NSC would support (eg allow use of the now legendary floodlights logo) and the words would be printed on the back of the shirt using the same style. Similar to this effort from chavscum.co.uk:

http://www.chavscum.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=31

I'd warmly welcome contributions/tap the world wide wit of the NSC community to come up with replacement sentences, the best to be used on the final version. I think the first sentance should be "Choose Brighton" or "choose a field" or something similar however. And what would we call it? "NIMBYspotting"?

The original poem is as follows:
Choose Life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a f***ing big television, choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and dental insurance. Choose fixed interest mortage repayments. Choose a starter home. Choose your friends. Choose leisurewear and matching luggage. Choose a three-piece suite on hire purchase in a range of f***ing fabrics. Choose DIY and wondering who the f*** you are on a Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing game shows, stuffing f***ing junk food into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pishing your last in a miserable home, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, f***ed up brats you spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choose life.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm doing the London - Brighton cycle ride in a T-Shirt with Roz's poster on it ("Wanted..."). As I needed to get 10 printed (minimum order size), there will be 9 going spare. They should arrive early next week. I'll be happy to sell them at £9 each (cost to me, but all proceeds to the Seagulls Party). I'll stick a photo of one on NSC next week.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Great idea. I'd prefer to focus on the NEGATIVES though.

Choose Lewes District Council. Choose De Vecchi. Choose a bunch of f***ed-up autocratic NIMBYS riding roughshod over democracy to run your town. Choose lies. Choose deceit. Choose hypocrisy. Choose selfish agendas. Choose private meetings behind closed doors to decide how much of YOUR CASH to piss down the drain in order to permanently wreck plans for a Community Stadium thats not even in your district being built. Choose a council ignoring and disregarding the democratic wishes of a two-thirds majority. Choose countless underhand stalling and delaying tactics to drag the issue through three Public Inquiries over four years, then when they don't get the decision they want, taking legal action to change it. Choose a £250,000 legal bill to be paid for from public funds. Choose further increases in your council tax to help pay for an ever-spiralling legal bill to take it to the High Court. Choose inadequate flood defences. Choose a neglected, decrepit, crumbling flint wall over a thriving local non-league football club. Choose the closure of local sports fields through lack of funding. Choose sneakily doctored, misleading propaganda photgraphs. Choose to protect a muddy field next to a major dual carriageway hemmed in by two universities and a railway line, under the pretence that the area is "outstandingly beautiful".

Choose Lewes District Council, and help MURDER Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club at all costs. Whatever the costs.

(the t-shirt might need to be XXXXXXXXXL though) ;)

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
You forgot to say "Choose being a useless old (unt".
Would there be any room for that under the armpit or something?

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Easy 10 said:

Choose Lewes District Council. Choose De Vecchi. Choose a bunch of f***ed-up autocratic NIMBYS riding roughshod over democracy to run your town. Choose lies. Choose deceit. Choose hypocrisy. Choose selfish agendas. Choose private meetings behind closed doors to decide how much of YOUR CASH to piss down the drain in order to permanently wreck plans for a Community Stadium thats not even in your district being built. Choose a council ignoring and disregarding the democratic wishes of a two-thirds majority. Choose countless underhand stalling and delaying tactics to drag the issue through three Public Inquiries over four years, then when they don't get the decision they want, taking legal action to change it. Choose a £250,000 legal bill to be paid for from public funds. Choose further increases in your council tax to help pay for an ever-spiralling legal bill to take it to the High Court. Choose inadequate flood defences. Choose a neglected, decrepit, crumbling flint wall over a thriving local non-league football club. Choose the closure of local sports fields through lack of funding. Choose sneakily doctored, misleading propaganda photgraphs. Choose to protect a muddy field next to a major dual carriageway hemmed in by two universities and a railway line, under the pretence that the area is "outstandingly beautiful".

Choose Lewes District Council, and help MURDER Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club at all costs. Whatever the costs.

Brilliant Easy. Just needs a mention or two of the Liberal Democrats, so people up here in London know what political party you're attacking.

Can you edit that copy down to fit on a T-shirt, Steve? You can put me down for a couple :clap2:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
eastlondonseagull said:
Brilliant Easy. Just needs a mention or two of the Liberal Democrats, so people up here in London know what political party you're attacking.

Can you edit that copy down to fit on a T-shirt, Steve? You can put me down for a couple :clap2:
I'd certainly buy one - specially in the run-up to the local elections next spring. Good shout on the Lib Dems thing, I'm sure that could be "spliced in" somewhere, probably amongst plenty of other stuff I've forgotten to mention.

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
Easy 10 said:

I would buy that.
Im sure you could actually fit it onto a large shirt, the font will have to be quite small but im sure you can edit some of it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Easy 10 said:

IMHO that would look great on a leaflet to be placed in every freebie local paper like the Pizza people do in The Leader.

The final wording should be or Choose The Seagulls Party. What would it cost to have it printed and put into the freebie papers?

I would be prepared to donate towards that.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I'll buy one...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
BensGrandad said:
IMHO that would look great on a leaflet to be placed in every freebie local paper like the Pizza people do in The Leader.

The final wording should be or Choose The Seagulls Party. What would it cost to have it printed and put into the freebie papers?

Me too. Think the swearing would have to be toned down, but not too much otherwise it will dilute the anger.

And put me down for one of each design of t-shirt.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I would purchase one

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
BensGrandad said:

That's a very good idea B.G.:clap:

And splendid spleen venting Easy.:clap: :bowdown:

dcseagull

Dec 8, 2005
Washington DC
Good, good ideas.
I'd buy several.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Brovian said:
Me too. Think the swearing would have to be toned down, but not too much otherwise it will dilute the anger.

And put me down for one of each design of t-shirt.

Hmm.. was thinking the same thing. What's a less offensive - but just as powerful - way to say f*** OFF?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here