Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti - Falmer Twat in the North Stand

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
There's an Albion season ticket holder who sits in the North Stand, Block L not far from me who's an anti-falmer NIMBY of the highest order - apparantly his wife's well up in the NIMBY echelons.
When we all stood up for Falmer on Monday in front of the cameras he stayed sitting with his miserable mates. I made a point of directing some abuse his way and when he turned round I gestured for him to stand up - he muttered than Falmer would never happen and remained seated.
This guy must be a season ticket holder as he's in the North - Has he the nerve to call himself an Albion fan, anyone know who he is?
:flameboun :salute::censored: :flameboun

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
I'm gonna love it when we get Falmer, I'm gonna go up to twats like that and gloat and throw all the anti stuff in their faces.

BTW I'd love to kick the shit out of him.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Are you saying being an Albion fan means you have no right to an opinion that differs from the official one?

If so what you doing here?

Seems to me all he was saying was he did not believe DK and MP have what it takes to dliver falmer.

One day history will prove him right or wrong.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Just to add to that. I Am having doubts over fancing etc and the fact that it seems to be getting later and later. But I am Pro Falmer and unless you are a narrow minded idiot, There is no reason to be against Falmer.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
When we arrive at the promised land I will kiss the ground then crack open a bottle of Champagne - it will be a great day.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
227 BHA said:
he muttered than Falmer would never happen and remained seated.

can only go on what I see

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
marvin said:
Are you saying being an Albion fan means you have no right to an opinion that differs from the official one?

Seems to me all he was saying was he did not believe DK and MP have what it takes to dliver falmer.

One day history will prove him right or wrong.

How can it seem to you what he was saying? Do you sit in Block L?

No, he is not disputing whether DK and MP can deliver - even if DK had £100 million burning a hole in his pocket he wants the stadium plans rejected at public enquiry as he lives in Falmer.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Re: Re: Anti - Falmer Twat in the North Stand

marvin said:
can only go on what I see

So? Can't help if thats what he thinks but to actually not want Falmer as he and his wife are NIMBY twats, is the problem. We all want Falmer (apart from Nimby twats) but we do have different opioions on how when and whether it happens.

Can only go on what 227 BHA said about him.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
227 BHA said:
How can it seem to you what he was saying? Do you sit in Block L?

No I was going on what YOU posted, see other post with the quote.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
marvin said:
No I was going on what YOU posted, see other post with the quote.

Yeah, but how did you deduce that he was questioning DK and MP's finances from what I said - I said he was a NIMBY and that he said Falmer would never happen.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
I repeat my first line

"Are you saying being an Albion fan means you have no right to an opinion that differs from the official one?"

He, and for that matter as is anyone else, entitled to a view, being opposed to Falmer. Does not make him any less of an Albion fan than anyone else.

Personally i think he is very brave to swim against the tide in such a public manner least he does not say one thing in public and another in private like so many "albion" fans I have heard talk over the years.

Does not mean I think he is right, does not mean I agree with him. Does mean I think he is entitled to freedom of speech and action.

And I was quite right in my deduction from what you wrote, he may be anti falmer, he may also, as i quite evident from what you reported he said, questioning that DK and MP will not have what it takes to deliver falmer.

The two are extremely compatible.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
227 BHA said:
Yeah, but how did you deduce that he was questioning DK and MP's finances from what I said - I said he was a NIMBY and that he said Falmer would never happen.

Did I mention finances?

There is a long way to go through the political minefield before we get to financing the thing.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
marvin said:

Sorry, it just annoys me that as all i was doing was letting people know that even when we all stand united for the cause (Falmer) theres people in our midst who are watching the match, cheering on the players and then doing their best to scupper the stadium plans when they get home(which could ultimately cripple our beloved Albion).

And I get grief for mentioning it and questioned as to why I'm here!

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
That comment by me was a little unfair you are probably not aware of what the "officials" at the club think of this site and that some of them would like it to not be here because it usurps the "official" view too often. (should have seen the disapointment on their faces when they were told by me at Coventy last season that it was coming back!)

It gives a vent to people like eblock an others to criticise DK and MP and for that matter falmer, the number of times over the past years that falmer has been criticised on this site etc.

The comments were meant to be read together in that if you think its not right to decent from the "official" view then the message board for you is on www.seagulls.co.uk not on this revolutionary disrespectful board.

What you did wrong (in my restricted view) was to say the things you did about them not being as good albion fans as anyone else because they don't flow with the tide.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Come on Marvin. Opinion is one thing and whether MP and DK can deliver but you are talking of someone that doesn't want Falmer. Get it? Doesn't WANT it. Not thinks it can't happen or where is the money etc, but just plain doesn't want it because he is a NIMBY. Thats a bit like allowing Muslim Fanatics to encourage death of the west and terroism and yet allow them to live here(as we wrongly do).

It's stupid. This idiot in L block, doesn't have an opinion about the club. He just doesn't want it and keeps saying it won't get permitted and will bury his head in the sand and hopes that it will all go away.

Just thought I might know who he is. Could he be that tory councillor that says he is a Brighton fan and goes to the games yet he voted against it in the 11-2 council vote win? Think that might be him. He is likely to go in the Northstand. What is his name?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
This person also makes a habit of "having a go" at certain Albion supporters during the course of the match. Now we all know that people see the game differently and shout at decisions or actions on the pitch that we may not agree with (even our fellow fans).

Mr NIMBY likes to shout critisism at certain other Albion supporters nearby (but only a certain 1 or 2 who are well known to be active Falmer-For All organisers) if he feels they have made any sort of error in their judgement of the match. No matter how many others may shout similar remarks he likes to pick on them alone.

Now thats not allowing their freedom of speech!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here