Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anti - Climax?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i guess that wasn't exactly how the day was supposed to go, no?

No Adams, No Roberts, No Le Tissier, No Virgo,No Zamora, No Freeman, No Southall... but still an enjoyable display for the legends game , a cracker from Paul Davis lead to an enjoyable start of the afternoon but those who were drawn into going today by the names mentioned above, Wardy or no Wardy must be pretty pissed with the no show especially as in the list they were the biggest names there

other then that again we look fantastic overall dealing with a side who have had money ploughed into them and are going to still be a premiership side by the time the season ends and come off with a loss :( - the worrying thing is with the bigger picture of the game we aren't doing that much wrong that can't be sorted out

plus coming off after 70 odd minutes on your testamonial with an eerily quiet (even by Withdeans standards) crowd sitting around you isn't exactly how you would want to remember it (even if it was a very good turnout in the end)

the highpoint was halftime for me , even though i'm sure many NSCers are going to rip it to pieces - that feeling that we have won our battle hit home hard today and the genius Falmer future drawing idea is one that has to be applauded.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can you explain what this means please:dunce:

ok slight exageration but the whole involving youngsters with the creative design around the stadium with drawings and such for me in another excellent idea of involving the community - through other methods we have involved the older generation along the way , the middle generation have done loads but the younger generation - those who will enjoy the stadium hopefully for life and it'll be there abiding memory haven't really had a chance to put there stamp on Falmer - this is it!

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
ok slight exageration but the whole involving youngsters with the creative design around the stadium with drawings and such for me in another excellent idea of involving the community - through other methods we have involved the older generation along the way , the middle generation have done loads but the younger generation - those who will enjoy the stadium hopefully for life and it'll be there abiding memory haven't really had a chance to put there stamp on Falmer - this is it!

Cheers Braders...........yes brilliant idea. Do you know if the drawings of the Stadium that have become so familiar to all of us are not too far removed from the actual look of the stadium?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I've seen Gordon Smith and Peter Ward play, and got both of them to sign a shirt. I wouldn't call that a complete failure. :)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Jesus, people say i moan.
There were some class players out there today, and the bloke from the radio ensured it was a good laugh.

Moan at the boring ninety minute match by all means, but not the 15 minutes each way footballing spectacle! Surely John Byrne pulling out a wig from nowhere will never be forgotten......

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
from where i was Mayo got a standing clap and all when he came off, would not say it was a anti climax the legends game was a bit of fun i was there to see the preseason game and see how we are shaping up.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
There were some class players out there today, and the bloke from the radio ensured it was a good laugh.

Moan at the boring ninety minute match by all means, but not the 15 minutes each way footballing spectacle! Surely John Byrne pulling out a wig from nowhere will never be forgotten......

can i just say , i'm not moaning - i had a great time and such , HOWEVER it didn't exactly go to script today , this was what i was trying to go with rather then a whinge or negativity really :)

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I never expected Zamora to show - the centenary match that he played in (and scored in) today, was promised a long long time ago, but I was very suprised not to see Virgo as it was reported midweek in the argus that he was a DEFINATE confirmation and was booking his flights on Thursday! Odd that. He was very good friends with Kerry too, must have been a good reason.

Long day, laughed a lot, cried at the speech (soppy mare!) so cup of tea, biscuit and bed for Mrs Coach! Got a tournament tomorrow morning and hope to get back in time to see the last couple of hours of the 6 a side at Preston (and for Lil Coach to have a go in the kids penalty shootout!) Night Night, all!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

He had it tucked down his shorts. :lol:

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
It was worth the cost of the ticket just to see Wardy score and to hear the crowd singing 'He shot, he scored, it must be Peter Ward'.

stig

I hate Tim and Matty B
Mar 27, 2007
Was i the only one who thought the Argus photographers might have stumped up the cash to frame the montage they presented to Kerry? I mean, a plastic frame from Woolies doesn't break the bank does it? Instead he gets this bit of paper flapping around in the wind :)

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
the irony was that those players who had palyed for us in the top flight (albeit over 25 years ago) still had guile and class.

Those who played for us more recently and maybe only gave up the professional game 3 or 4 years ago were not a patch on them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here