Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Answers to NSC's Amex travel questions

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
What's the situation regarding drop-off and pick-up points for taxis and people being given a lift to the ground?

What's the situation regarding drop-off and pick-up points for taxis and people being given a lift to the ground?
If travelling by taxi, you can join the queue to get up the sliproad to Falmer and watch the metre tick along expensively. Or you can get out at the (now closed off) entrance to Sussex University or (from the Lewes direction) at the Falmer Station entrance - and walk the short distance to the stadium.

I've e-mailed the Bus Company for confirmation that P&R buses will accept senior citizens concessionary bus passes.

And I've received a response ...

Dear Ed

Thanks for your further email. There are still some discussions ongoing with the club ref the below and we'll try and ensure that everything is clarified with the club and put on our website next week.

Best wishes

My father who is a Senior Citizen and also works for the club has already purchased Travel Vouchers as this information was not known at the time.
Will he get a refund ?

If I was him, I'd wait until we get confirmation / clarification next week that he can, in fact, use his bus pass on the P&R buses.

The Bus Company's website now confirms that Senior Citizens Concessionary Bus Passes WILL be accepted on Park & Ride services and on the Special Football Buses (Routes P, R and S). But SAVER tickets and Bus ID deals will NOT be valid on these services.

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought the Albion said you can pay cash on the Football Special buses... But the bus company still seem to be saying travel vouchers only.

So any idea who's right? I don't care about the subsidised fare - just want flexibility...

I thought the Albion said you can pay cash on the Football Special buses... But the bus company still seem to be saying travel vouchers only.

So any idea who's right? I don't care about the subsidised fare - just want flexibility...
The bus company will be right. Cash fares are only available on local bus services that are registered with the Traffic Commissioner's Office. The football specials aren't.

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
If i'm coming in from Victoria by train, what's the best thing to do? Should I get the train to Brighton, then get a local service to the ground?

I asked Brighton and Hove Buses whether a young person carrying a busID card would get the 20p ticket if they were accompanied by a senior person with a bus pass, this is the answer I got, it continues on from my original email:

Posted At: 21 July 2011 21.47
Posted To: Info
Conversation: busID
Subject: busID

Dear Sir/Madam,
Will my niece and nephew, who both have busID be able to travel with me on Brighton and Hove Buses during match days to Falmer for 20p if I have my subsidised travel voucher? In other words if I don't pay the normal fair and produce my travel voucher will they still get to travel for 20p?

Yours sincerely,

James
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - AVG - Antivirus and Internet Security | Virus Protection
Version: 10.0.1390 / Virus Database: 1518/3778 - Release Date: 07/21/11

Message flagged Friday, 22 July 2011, 10:30Message Body

Hi James – yes, they can still travel for 20p as long as you have produced a valid travel voucher.

Yours Sincerely

Commercial Officer

Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Ltd.
Winner of UK City Bus Operator of the Year 2009/2010
43 Conway Street
Hove, Sussex
BN3 3LT

Web: http://WWW.BUSES.CO.UK
Tel: 01273 886734
Fax: 01273 822073
P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail

Sent: 23 July 2011 22:44
To:
Subject: Re: busID

Does this also apply if they travel with my father who has a senior citizens bus pass?

Yours sincerely,

James

Hi James - Yes

Yours Sincerely

Commercial Officer

Brighton & Hove Bus and Coach Company Ltd.
Winner of UK City Bus Operator of the Year 2009/2010
43 Conway Street
Hove, Sussex
BN3 3LT

Email:
Web: http://WWW.BUSES.CO.UK
Tel: 01273 886734
Fax: 01273 822073

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This gets curiouser as I just rang customer services to buy my travel vouchers and have been told that under 4s dont need them. I said that the website FAQs indicated they do but the very helpful man again advised that they dont need them and the FAQs will be updated.

Obviously I'm chuffed at that as that's £60 saved (which will doubtless be spent on the new away shirt for each boy) but I hope I dont get caught out on saturday when I plan to use either the park and ride or the Rottingdean special bus.

Should I be concerned?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
This gets curiouser as I just rang customer services to buy my travel vouchers and have been told that under 4s dont need them. I said that the website FAQs indicated they do but the very helpful man again advised that they dont need them and the FAQs will be updated.

Obviously I'm chuffed at that as that's £60 saved (which will doubtless be spent on the new away shirt for each boy) but I hope I dont get caught out on saturday when I plan to use either the park and ride or the Rottingdean special bus.

Should I be concerned?

No more or less than... just about everyone else.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Route P might be a bit of a problem at present.

Hollingdean Road is currently one-way (going up only).

I have a feeling the buses on Route P will be full up by the time they get to the 7 Dials.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Any news yet on match by match travel vouchers, or whether we can pay cash on the P&R ?

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Any news yet on match by match travel vouchers, or whether we can pay cash on the P&R ?

Just had an email from the club

"For the Spurs game, you can simply use your match tickets as travel vouchers on the Park and Ride.

The club hopes to have individual travel vouchers for sale in time for the Doncaster game. Please keep an eye on the club website for more news."

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
i'm still a little confused by this so forgive me if I'm coming across as being a bit dense here however...

firstly, can I be dropped off/picked up by car from anywhere close to the stadium?

next, can i get a lift to a park & ride site, jump on a bus and then do the same for the homeward journey?

finally - will just showing my smartcard on a P&R bus enable me to free transport?

cheers

Paul,

Due to the confusion with the SSCF game where the driver wanted to detach my barcode from the match ticket. I contacted B&H buses this morning by telephone to confirm that our season ticket smartcards would be acceptable as mentioned by yourself in a previous answer.

Her answer after speaking to the Commercial Department

'we will not be accepting season ticket smart cards this coming Saturday, we know nothing of this arrangement, we haven't been contacted by the club, but we will send them an email to find out why they have given this information to supporters'

Can the club and B&H buses please get together and speak in unison?!

cheers.
The club has agreed that smartcards, match tickets or proof of purchase can be shown to travel on either the buses, trains or P&R.
Does this mean that anyone with a smart card can travel free on the buses and trains on Saturday afternoon, even if they HAVEN'T got a ticket to the match?

I would understand the transport operators feeling a little aggrieved if this was the case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here