Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ansu Fati **Signed On Loan 01/09**

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Great to get a dose of reality and up to date take on his situation. People still think he’s this 16yo wonder kid which he isn’t. From one perspective this is bad because people will be expecting miracles, but alternatively it seems De Zerbi and Brighton are EXACTLY the medicine Fati needs to reignite his career.
I don't think people are getting that wildly over excited. He's the highest profile player we've ever signed. He played as Barcelona's number ten 51 times last season.

Regardless of whether he's a roaring success here or not, the dose of reality is exactly why he's so exciting. A player of his calibre choosing us when we're historically used to the likes of Chris O'Grady is unbelievable, and it's right that most fans are in awe even ahead of an appearance.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I don't think people are getting that wildly over excited. He's the highest profile player we've ever signed. He played as Barcelona's number ten 51 times last season.

Regardless of whether he's a roaring success here or not, the dose of reality is exactly why he's so exciting. A player of his calibre choosing us when we're historically used to the likes of Chris O'Grady is unbelievable, and it's right that most fans are in awe even ahead of an appearance.
I was SO happy for O'Grady when he scored that goal at Brentford....

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
IMG_5932.jpeg

Be great to see what magic he can cast in the league.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

It’s also perfectly possible that he could be not quite the player he was and yet still fantastic for us. For all of our progress, there remains at least some gap between ‘good enough for Brighton’ and ‘the new Messi’

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
To the tune of Monster...by Automatic.

"He's here, came to Brighton on loan, it's Ansu Fati.... Ansu Fati"

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I think if he is in the squad he will come on at some stage. It would be too teasing for him to be an unused sub but then this is Roberto. Must admit I don’t really have a clue.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I wonder if there's an 'expectation' given profile - and ruddy huge wages.

I don't think so. Certainly not for the first game, although I'm sure both the player and Barcelona will be expecting him to get minutes.

With the wages, I'm not that bothered. Rather than a weekly wage, look at it as the full package. What was it in the end, 7 mill or something for the year?

Joao Felix cost Chelsea 16 million for a half season loan (20 games, 4 goals in all comps). Let's hope Fati is more of success than him.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I don't think so. Certainly not for the first game, although I'm sure both the player and Barcelona will be expecting him to get minutes.

With the wages, I'm not that bothered. Rather than a weekly wage, look at it as the full package. What was it in the end, 7 mill or something for the year?

Joao Felix cost Chelsea 16 million for a half season loan (20 games, 4 goals in all comps). Let's hope Fati is more of success than him.
£7m for a season of one of the worlds best players in an absolute BARGAIN.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here