Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another striker needed surely?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Well played MM for boosting midfield which everyone knew was essential but why have we only signed one, unproven striker? It's been 3 or 4 weeks since Big Chris walked out, surely we should have sorted something out by now? If we released Kerekes after the first trial what was the point of getting him back for a second? We should have had some other irons in the fire.

We've known for months that we wouldn't have Leon for our first game so to go to Reading with only one recognised striker doesn't make any sense to me. Why haven't we got someone in on loan? Where are the goals going to come from ? Even when Leon is back we will still need another striker to give Leon and Molango some competition for their place.

So yes, well done on the other signings but for me, we're still in desperate need of another striker.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I quite agree we need 1 more striker... However the midday deadline has gone so we are stuck with what we have for tomorrow.

lincs seagull

Feb 25, 2004
boston
i cant see it but i agree with you

but i think we will play similar to last season defend and look for the chances when they come so i think MM wants a strong back and middle. to do this.
the trouble is whos around which we can afford and can cut it at this level.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
He's trying. Better to wait for the quality than settle for second best innit.

I agree - no point in signing tosh but just surprised we haven't managed to get anyone else in yet, not even a loanee, just for a month even. What happens if Molango gets injured early the in game tomorrow ? We have absolutely no cover. Still, I have to say that so far, MM's signings have been pretty good, so fingers crossed he'll get someone decent in. But it needs to be soon.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
I think we should play Roberts up front with Molango. He'd obviously dazzle opposition defences with his model-type looks...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
saafend_seagull said:
yeah, might mean he will go for the 4-5-1 v reading as he hasnt found a forward to bring in

that would be ok if we had the players to do it but we dont

532 would be better in my view

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'm happy with our strikers to be honest. I'd like to see a bit more experience injected into the side though. If this side starts to perform well, things are looking good for the future though as it's a very young side!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here