Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Stadium before ours...

eastlondonseagull said:
Where are all the Everton-supporting NIMBYs?

I'd be well unhappy if I was one of them.

Evertonians are always unhappy-how would you know if they were pissed off about the stadium?

I liked the interview with George Gillette when he was asked about a ground share with the bluenoses-he said a guy at the airport told him that if that ever happened he'd be barred from entering the UK.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Pointless getting worked up about this, G14 club with a trophy cabinet as big as Withdean and a worldwide support of millions v Provincial average mid table division 3 (in old money) with a population that would rather fight to save a latte bar, or an eco-friendly sushi parlour than its football club.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Aren't they trying to increase the capacity above the 60k already planned, my betting would be on 80k...so it is bigger than Old Trafford.

On the subject of Newcastle, I think they are planning on re-developing the Gallowgate end, behind the goal on the right if you are looking from the main stand (the end that is currently lower), this will add about another 8k seats. Unfortunately they cannot do anything with the stand that runs on the opposite side of the pitch as it is already as tall as it can be, due to one of the most impressive Georgian buildings I have ever seen that stands right behind it, mind you it is only students who live there...so I don't see what the problem is.

Come to think of it, do the Lib Dems still have control of Newcastle Council, or did the Geordies vote them out in anticipation of much needed ground improvements?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Last edited:

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Barrel of Fun said:
Ooooh, unlucky Southend. :(

It is quite amusing that the Liverpudlians were very happy to take the proverbial when Man Utd were bought by the Americans...
Absolutely gutted :(
Looks like we could be in for the long haul just like you guys :down:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hockley Blues said:

Sorry to hear that. I liked the plans and thought it would certainly be a boost to the local economy. It is gutting the way a lot of clubs face no problems whatsoever, yet others seemed destined to face opposition every step of the way. Bit of a lottery really. :(

Best of luck Hockley and you know which website to come to if you need advice from 4,500 planning experts. :lol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Hockley Blues said:

Realy hope you are not...............it is soul destroying and you can see the enthuisiasm and anger ebb and fade at an alarming rate sometimes:down: :clap2: :down: :clap2: :down:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Storer68 said:
Hmmmmmmm - that looks like an oustanding area of natural beauty to me........ and look!, there's a nice BIG shiny new football ground slap bang in side it
picMasterplan.jpg

no - they are building it on top of an outstanding area of natural........................................ carpark.

http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk...NewAnfieldTheRestorationofStanleyPark.doc.pdf

...and the leader of the council is an Evertonian

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.

Hockley Blues

Feb 3, 2005
Southend
Barrel of Fun said:
Sorry to hear that. I liked the plans and thought it would certainly be a boost to the local economy. It is gutting the way a lot of clubs face no problems whatsoever, yet others seemed destined to face opposition every step of the way. Bit of a lottery really. :(

Best of luck Hockley and you know which website to come to if you need advice from 4,500 planning experts. :lol:

Thanks bof, I think we may just need it! The most frustrating thing is both Rochford and Southend disctrict councils voted overwhelmingly in favour of the stadium, only for the plans to get called in. This'll give the southend NIMBY'S (who'd all but given up) a real boost.. :down:

Last edited:

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
I reckon you need to be up north to get anywhere with building a stadium. I bet the Cheats move in before we do.

"Chesterfield handed stadium boost

Chesterfield have been given the go-ahead to seek planning approval for a new 10,000-seater stadium.

Wilson Bowden own the site in the Whittington Moor area of Chesterfield.

And they confirmed in a meeting on Thursday that demolition, decontamination and clearance of the area will be completed in May.

The current owners also said that a planning application for the 25-acre site, including the football stadium, will be submitted in June 2007."

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
eastlondonseagull said:
OUR city council is totally behind it. It's Lewes District Council that's against it, the f***ing wankers :tosser:

In theory they are behind us but stop a long way short of actually giving us total support..

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
ditchy said:
In theory they are behind us but stop a long way short of actually giving us total support..

Apart from spending a lot of taxpayers' money making multiple representations to the government in favour of the stadium. Oh, and letting us have the land to build it on, eh?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Can't blame them but just makes it more frustrated for us! I've always wanted to go to anfield so going to have to get up there sharpish then

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Apart from spending a lot of taxpayers' money making multiple representations to the government in favour of the stadium. Oh, and letting us have the land to build it on, eh?

But apart from that-what have B&H council done for the Albion?

Hockley Blues said:

hardly like us at all. You've still got a nice ground at Roots Hall, which is still available to you no matter how long the nonsense drags on for................

Now if your chairman had sold Roots Hall to a developer for around £25m without establishing an alternative for the club other than closure, I supoose we might have something in common.

But bad luck on falling at the first fence.

Storer68 said:
hardly like us at all. You've still got a nice ground at Roots Hall, which is still available to you no matter how long the nonsense drags on for................

Now if your chairman had sold Roots Hall to a developer for around £25m without establishing an alternative for the club other than closure, I supoose we might have something in common.

But bad luck on falling at the first fence.

I'm probably hopelessly wrong here but I thought it was:

*Ahem* Sold your ground for just over £7million and the land miraculously more than triples in value in 12 months or so-but no money went to the scumbag from the second sale.....Course not

:angry:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here