Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another stabbing in London!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure what you are waffling on about? Knives for a pro?

Get a grip.

Anyone carrying a knife without good reason should get a serious shoeing and a prison sentance.

Well, I was just quoting lock, stock and two smoking barrels but if you think about it, it rings true it today's climate. It was all gun crime a couple of years ago now everybody is getting stabbed.

What's happened to all the gun crime? One might ask. Plus, when there were all the shootings, why was nobody getting stabbed.

It's VERY easy to tackle gun crime and knife crime but people are still going to be killed, it's just going to be by a different means in a couple of years when the governement decides to tackle knife crime. The real issue is people being killed in the first place, not how it is done.

ITS IN sTRATFORD,

JUST A S A TEASER,

whilst all this stabbing lark been front page news,

I am aware of 3 shootings in Dalston all fatal. 2 outside my children nursery.

Not even a whiff of a story.

Isn't this a bit upside down?

Oh year and as I said on the bike thread recently, 5 cycling deaths in Hackney by HGV's.

?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Well, I was just quoting lock, stock and two smoking barrels but if you think about it, it rings true it today's climate. It was all gun crime a couple of years ago now everybody is getting stabbed.

What's happened to all the gun crime? One might ask. Plus, when there were all the shootings, why was nobody getting stabbed.

It's VERY easy to tackle gun crime and knife crime but people are still going to be killed, it's just going to be by a different means in a couple of years when the governement decides to tackle knife crime. The real issue is people being killed in the first place, not how it is done.

Gun crime's gone down, slightly less than knife crime's gone up.
It's a lot easier to control guns than knives. They are discussing banning knives with pointy ends as there's no actual need for them apart from stabbing something

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Gun crime's gone down, slightly less than knife crime's gone up.
It's a lot easier to control guns than knives. They are discussing banning knives with pointy ends as there's no actual need for them apart from stabbing something
what about the knives with pointy ends that boy scouts use for getting stones out of horses hooves ?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003

See you make sense now! :thumbsup:

Very good point, the bigger problem is clearly, as you mentioned, within society.

But if you are facing a prison sentence just carrying a knife, gun, mallet ...whatever the weapon then it will surely send a message out to a few
of the slightly more smarter chavs (if that makes sense).

I'm afraid the issue has been clouded and complicated by those who want to use killings as a political point.
I suspect there's a general effort by the media to do that, by instigating or just increasing the apparent 'recession', and by barraging the public with knife-crimes.
Both those headlines actually make things worse, and as teens decide (with increasing tangibility) to carry knives to combat the OTHER teens who are 'apparently' carrying knives. Before we know it, every disagreement between youths has a bloody-good chance of including a knife somewhere in the melee. Be it, one person in a gang who involves in a fight for one of their mates, or a gang trying to be bigger than another gang.

(The French students was not a gang thing I don't believe. They were staying in a shit place, and at the wrong time.)

Addressing the problem socially, COULD be addressed by having local adult social leaders challenging teens to get involved in competition. Say - "if you think you are the tough gang, here's a boxing ring where your toughest can take on the toughest of another gang". If they decline to get involved, there can be no more posturing, as the glove is always there to pick up. Then there'll be guys within the gang who can take each other on too.
It won't stop occasional crimes, but it will put a cap on the posing and territorial pissings, and put it into a sporting arena - and maybe place the knife-carriers as cowardly and outlawed. A knife carrier isn't just a plain aggressive psycho - he's actually a scared person, not confident of his ability to control situations without armament.
We all WANT to go out into the streets and the night feeling secure, unassailable, bulletproof.

You can't take away juvenile's instant tempers and aggressions, you can't take away knives from society. It's where they feel the NEED to pick that knife up and carry it on them - availing it for their worst urges and temperaments - that the problem is rooted. The newspapers saturation of headlines is exacerbating and instigating that 'need'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here