Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

another st thread

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was chatting at cricket yesterday to three blokes from the opposition. one is a arsenal st and the other two are Chelsea sths. anyway seems like they all have sths and only one of the has ever seen Brighton play , a few year ago in the playoff final at Cardiff.

anyway, seemly they bought the tickets so that if their respective teams were away and they couldn't go, they could go to Amex. they said they were not Albion fans at all, just wanted to watch a football match.

I said what about when they were at Chelsea or arsenal, would they give their tickets away and they basically said they couldn't be arsed to faff about with that and their seats Would be empty......I said the club would be looking at a st exchange thing and would they be interested and they said no.......

I do hope there won't be too many of the sort of " fans" as ok the money is nice, but we really could do with passionate people for the club who are going to get behind the team...

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
I really do not understand that thought process. I support club A but incase they are away I want to go see club B play so I bought a ST their as well. What a load of bollocks and its awful to think proper supporters are being left in the dark cause of people like this.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I really do not understand that thought process. I support club A but incase they are away I want to go see club B play so I bought a ST their as well. What a load of bollocks and its awful to think proper supporters are being left in the dark cause of people like this.

maybe there are people with more money than sense. this year I sat in front of two guys a couple of times who supported other teams and even when we were winning well, like the hartlepool game, they were still discussing premiership form of teams....bloke next to me told them at one point to shut the f*** up and watch the game

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
maybe there are people with more money than sense. this year I sat in front of two guys a couple of times who supported other teams and even when we were winning well, like the hartlepool game, they were still discussing premiership form of teams....bloke next to me told them at one point to shut the f*** up and watch the game

This. If someone forks out £1,800 for a ST at the Emirates, a further £400 isn't going to break the bank. There's a good chance they were +3 of an existing STH. They probably have better seats than some of us who went to Withdean for Donkeys years!

Last edited:

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Yeah I have no doubt about their stupidity and having more money than brains. As you say its nice that the club gets the ST revenue but they loose the match day income and ultimately hurts the books of the club.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i would say they are in a very small minority! season ticket holders for a london club and brighton is just expensive and pointless..why dont they just go follow their 1st teams away?

To be an Albion STH costs the same as half a tank of petrol a month. Nothing to an Emirates STH.

I fear that there might be a few thousand people like those that granny weatherwax met.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
if thats the case attendance figures will be skewed because dont they count all season tickets or will they only count season ticket holders who have 'swiped in' every game?

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
To be an Albion STH costs the same as half a tank of petrol a month. Nothing to an Emirates STH.

I fear that there might be a few thousand people like those that granny weatherwax met.
Sums up what money means to some people. Do hope that your not correct in the estimate of a few thousand. Though it wouldn't surprise me.....

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
what about the people that cant afford the ticket prices of the premiership clubs, and decide that if they want to watch football locally, they will come to the AMEX...

do you all have a problem with that?

Even if the Albion is not their first love, but come week in week out, rain or shine, singing and chanting songs supporting the team....

I personally don't.

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Can't see this being a big problem and these types are surely a minority.
Most people I know who have got a ST are old supporters coming back and I include myself in this.
Some (not me) claim to be Chelsea or Man Utd etc but rarely have I heard of them going to their games, all of them are local to our area and in some way take an interest in BHA.
Who cares if these people put the Albion first, second or third? What matters is they have given their money to the club and our new stadium will be full. The reality is we need to attract and retain these arm chair fans of the big glamorous clubs back to the Albion, it's the only way to achieve our ambitions and reach our potential.
Waiting for so called genuine fans to pass a means test before the club takes their money is not the way to progress this great club. We need old and new fans and we need 1,000's of them!
Wherever they come from they'll soon grow to love it like I did many years ago.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I don't think most of us have a problem with new fans. Hopefully, with the Gus Bus, we will be their No 1 team. The more the merrier.

It's more the case when fans can't be bothered to go to a (fair) few games and can't be arsed to pass the ticket on, when other fans may want them. I am not talking about the odd game that is missed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Given the way the fixtures computer works, the likelihood is we'll either almost always be away or always at home as the fixtures sync-up.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
The only people I've met that have bought STs at the Amex who hadn't before, are Albion through and through. They have, to varying degrees, attended matches at the Goldstone, Gillingham & Withdean but because the Amex is so bloody impressive, they've decided to take the plunge and get a a ST. I hope these people are in the majority and the one's Granny met are in the minority.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
interesting , the number of no shows at withdean this season baffled me. At the Amex I am sure it will be worse. Should still get 16k home fans though

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I know of at least 5 people who have bought season tickets who have never been to an Albion game before but I cant see what the problem is, They've paid they're money like I have so at the end of the day we're all equal.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
what about the people that cant afford the ticket prices of the premiership clubs, and decide that if they want to watch football locally, they will come to the AMEX...

do you all have a problem with that?

Even if the Albion is not their first love, but come week in week out, rain or shine, singing and chanting songs supporting the team....

I personally don't.

that's not really his point is it? They said they WOULDN'T come if their teamwere playing and they WOULDN'T get the ticket to someone else.

I have no problem with new fans what so ever but it would be a great shame if seats are taken by people who don't even show up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here