Its not a pier any more but an island.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No more torturing the kids:

"We are going to the West Pier today,"
"Oh no, it is really boring."
"Not only that when you get to the end you have to walk the same way back again. It is like crossing a bridge twice. So it was twice as bad as the most boring of bridges. "

"If you do not behave yourself, we will take you to the West Pier again."

An amusement pier is a bit like half-time at Withdean.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No, but I prefer bridges across rivers. But Brighton has not got any rivers so a pier will have to do.

There are good bridges and boring bridges as well as cruddy piers and somebody said that Cleethorpes Pier was not bad ....

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Brovian said:
Ideally I'd like to find out who the arsonist was, find out what he thinks public money should be spent on - and then divert it from that to the West Pier.
If public money is denied the Albion why should it be given to a replica 19th century pier?
Am I on the wrong message board?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
It could be argues that at the Camelot allocation meeting that Brighton is getting a too big a wad of dosh from the Lottery and the grant for the new sport's facilities should be put on hold.

MPs are watching and if one area is getting too much dosh, it could be brought up in Parliament, and may have an effect?

I don't know how the Lottery funds works. Is it just any group that negotiatate their way around the infuriating complex forms gets the dosh? Or is it just rich groups that make a lot of political noise and do absolutely F--- all?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The point about the replica pier is not only to make authentic they will have to use inordinate amounts of iron that is unnecessary, they will have to build it to a flawed design. And to overbearing enabling development to match the lottery funds, risk lives if they do not just cart away the debris, and then they might not be able to find the craftsmen.

It is a pity that the Athina B did not crash into it and go down in glory: I expect that is what the arsonist was up to?

It all seems impossible to me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here