Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another pub closed...

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Used to live in Mill Lane, but it was never great, just convenient.
Haven't been inside for about 30 years when a bloke called Dalrymple used to run it. Jimmy Collins used to drink there and Wardy and his dog, I think lived nearby. Happy Days.
By coincidence I drove past last week and commented on the state of it, especially the offy.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
They haven't closed a pub in Seaford in 40 years, in fact it's gained a couple. :drink:

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
Bromley shrimp said:
Used to live in Mill Lane, but it was never great, just convenient.
Haven't been inside for about 30 years when a bloke called Dalrymple used to run it. Jimmy Collins used to drink there and Wardy and his dog, I think lived nearby. Happy Days.
By coincidence I drove past last week and commented on the state of it, especially the offy.
It was Rick Dalrymple but that was back in late 70s & early 80's. I think I was last in there in 1980. Started to go there when I was in the sixth form at PCC. One of the bar men was Wesley Moses who my grandad always said was a strange name for a methodist jew. It was always a bit dodgy, a couple of the regulars used to have their own mugs wth their names on in dymo tape.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolute dump of a pub. My only worry is that the chavved-up deadbeats who seemed to frequent the place will now end up plagueing some of the more decent hostelries.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Pubs in general everywhere are shutting down at a rate of knots, Up here in Huddersfield there are oads of what would've been Local pubs that are now boarded up. Seems a shame but i suppose it's expensive to drink in a pub compared to popping up Asda etc for a few.

Unfortunatley they all seem to be town centre stand up bars or what you say are food/family orientated pubs these days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here