Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another loan striker bites the dust

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seagullible said:
:clap: Wenger wants Lupoli to get more experience than reserve football so send him somewhere where he is DEFINATELY going to be played. Wenger would have a recall clause and asking us to pay a % of the wages could suit both clubs. If anyone really doesn't believe DK why not contact Arsenal to see if this story is true?

1) no one is doubting that we "tried" to get him, but there is a big difference between trying and Lupoli signing on the dotted line.

2) Dick Knight said on Ian Hart's show that we pay 100% of all loanees wages.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dwayne said:

There might have been a favour involved or something, no one knows for sure. The kid might be on pap wages, just cos he plays for Arsenal doesnt mean hes on mega bucks.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
dwayne said:
1) no one is doubting that we "tried" to get him, but there is a big difference between trying and Lupoli signing on the dotted line.

Yes but you have accused DK of being a liar in our attempts to sign him. That's the same as tried.

And anyway, he's a kid, he's probably not on more than about 800 quid a week if that. Of course we would be able to afford this one, not some freeloading journeyhouse like Gifton-Noel Willie-end.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
We were getting Ashley Cole to help solve the left back problems as well until he went and got himself injured :rolleyes:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
Secounded!

thirdounded

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

What are you let getting het up about...we are down....why worry about it?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
the right footed denilson said:
because he was injured.

So a week ago this kid was injured, and he was still the number one target? Does no-one realise the urgency of getting a forward in?

Maybe this is EXACTLY why we didn't get anyone. How could we have been sat around at that friendly with Arsenal, and be discussing a player who was injured at the time.

Sorry, but if we were doing that, then I don't believe we really wanted to sign someone enough.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Because the extent of the injury was not realised until Monday when he got it scanned. It seemed Arsenal believed he just had a knock and agreed the deal on the basis of that, but Lupoli came in complaining his foot still hurt and the club then scanned. The article seemed to say that the loan deal could only be tied up once Van Persie's fitness was known.

Dwayne
Opinion = what you think
Fact = Something that can be backed up with hard evidence.

Just thought you'd like reminding the difference.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
1. Mcshane will never make it at Man Utd. (Would be a good player for us)

2. Funny how the story comes out after the event mmmmmm. (Lupoli) Or am I just being sceptical?

3. If we cant afford to sign Noel Williams does that mean we wont be able to sign anyone next season?

Dick I respect you alot and admire the fact that we are playing in the Championship but there have been some absolute crap decisions over the last 18 months!

Disgruntled of Barnham! (not disgruntled enough not to renew season ticket)

Barnham Seagull said:
3. If we cant afford to sign Noel Williams does that mean we wont be able to sign anyone next season?

Can you think of one time in the last ten years when we have signed an established second-tier pro player in the early prime of their career, as GNW is?

Plenty of ageing pros signed, plenty of youngsters not quite made the grade with big clubs signed, but not a player in the category of GNW.

So why does that make you sceptical we won't be able to make signings?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
dwayne said:
you're wrong!! Lupoli is one of the hottest up and coming talents in the WHOLE premiership, there would be mid table Premiership teams wanting to take him on loan ahead of us FFS!.

I don't think that loans between Premier League sides are allowed outside of the transfer window which somewhat blows your theory out of the water.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
thedonkeycentrehalf said:
I don't think that loans between Premier League sides are allowed outside of the transfer window which somewhat blows your theory out of the water.

Dwayne in proved wrong shock!

Having seen much of dwayne over the years stating things as fact when he knows nothing about the scenario - I am not surprised.

Like the time when someone on here quoted police concerns about false atm slots and gangs nicking cards using them. He claimed it was all false when in fact some of us who worked on ATms at the time knew it was true. How many people now haven't heard of these scams? However if you'd listened to uncle dwayne you would have merrily believed it to be all made up.

At least in his current employment as an intranet and excel monkey he can walk the 17 floors from his desk to those who manage the self service network for a major retail bank and advise them that all the fraud measures they have put in place in the last 6 years have been worthless as the threat never existed!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Barnham Seagull said:

Burnley wanted us to buy his contract out which was the major stumbling point - things like win bonuses, perhaps no relegation clause, etc., which could give us series financial problems a year down the line. Last thing we want in League 1 next year is player sitting on high wages not bothering without us being able to get shot of him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
ROSM said:
Dwayne in proved wrong shock!

Having seen much of dwayne over the years stating things as fact when he knows nothing about the scenario - I am not surprised.

Like the time when someone on here quoted police concerns about false atm slots and gangs nicking cards using them. He claimed it was all false when in fact some of us who worked on ATms at the time knew it was true. How many people now haven't heard of these scams? However if you'd listened to uncle dwayne you would have merrily believed it to be all made up.

At least in his current employment as an intranet and excel monkey he can walk the 17 floors from his desk to those who manage the self service network for a major retail bank and advise them that all the fraud measures they have put in place in the last 6 years have been worthless as the threat never existed!

intranet and excel monkey? maybe you need to get your facts straight. Retail bank? no sir I work the Investment bank. Can you please also NOT make reference to the fact that you work at the same place as me in every post please, it's dire and uneccesary.

Can I also assure everyone on this thread that Im not posting anything as fact on here and neither have I said this anywhere on the thread!!!???!!! im merely offering my opinion.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
thedonkeycentrehalf said:

Fine, but im sure just about every club above us in the championship would love to have him also *

*I'm not posting this as fact:rolleyes:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
dwayne said:
intranet and excel monkey? maybe you need to get your facts straight. Retail bank? no sir I work the Investment bank. Can you please also NOT make reference to the fact that you work at the same place as me in every post please, it's dire and uneccesary.

Can I also assure everyone on this thread that Im not posting anything as fact on here and neither have I said this anywhere on the thread!!!???!!! im merely offering my opinion.

Sorry Mr D, only the second time I've mentioned it. I am so in awe that I work for the same company that I can't help myself sometimes :bowdown:

and if you are looking for accuracy I said that you could walk to the floor where those who manage the network for the retail bank are based. I never said you worked for the same part of the company now did I?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here