Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another little club gets a Cup Final

Oct 20, 2004
Over 17,000 for Little Wigan yesterday, thank god for Mighty Leeds bringing the fans off their armchairs :p

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How did you play?

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
And you sure know how to make "cup final" day so special for opposing fans, as your results against little clubs like us, Gillingham, Rotherham and Wigan have shown. :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Brighton 1 Leeds 0
Leeds 1 Brighton 1

Nuff said

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
TheWhiteRose_LUFC said:
Over 17,000 for Little Wigan yesterday, thank god for Mighty Leeds bringing the fans off their armchairs :p

shootinggallery.gif

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I bet they were disappointed getting Leeds as a cup final. Shame they didn't draw a big club.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
why dont you f*** off to your own board ,you arrogant northern wanker, its people like you that make little leeds hated

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
the wanderbus said:
why dont you f*** off to your own board ,you arrogant northern wanker, its people like you that make little leeds hated
And it's people like you that make him come back :rolleyes:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
He only post here because you all bite back.

And while I wouldn't do the whole "cup final" thing and his comments would be better suited to our Leeds board, Wigan who average a 9,800 crowd inc away fans (and are a shockingly poor set of fans) had just under 18,000 there yesterday. 6,000 were Leeds mind.

But whiterose, wander back to waccoe :p

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How was your game Starry? The White Rose chose not to answer.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
dougdeep said:
How was your game Starry? The White Rose chose not to answer.

Wigan were the better team by miles, and it could easily have been a lot more than a 3-0 defeat.

I've got a lot of time for Blackwell but his tactics and team selections are beginning to show the gap between being a good coach (which he is) and a team manager (which I don't think he is). He appears unable to motivate players, Derry was on the pitch but whether he knew there was a game of football going on I'm not sure. Jermaine Wright again on the pitch though why he is picked ahead of Matty Spring I'll never know, I've seen some dross play in the white shirt but his performance yesterday was perhaps the worst I have ever seen. Kelly was awful. Our defence was out ran by Roberts and Ellington who had too much pace for Butler and Carlisle (Not surprising though!). Up front Healy )though he spent an awful lot of time at left back adn on the wing, covering for his inept team mates) and Hulse looked like they could have done something but in front of a midfield as poor as ours was they had no chance. Aaron Lennon on the wing was fantastic as usual, but again with that midfield alongside him he has no chance to really do anything. Just grateful we have a fantatic keeper in Sullivan. He made three awesome saves and stopped us conceding more.

Wigans defence is fantastic, positioning, passing etc they have it down to a key. Everything they do comes through Bullard who is the best midfielder I've seen in this league. And with Wright/Derry/Gregan meant to be on his case we had no chance.

Fighting amongst the Leeds players, Sullivan told Wright exactly what he thought of the lazy so and so and they scrapped down the tunnel at half time, Leeds fans scrapping off the pitch (with Scum at the station and with ourselves under the stand at half time) all in all it was a rubbish day out.

That said, I would rather be in our end and lose 3-0 than in the Wigan end and win 3-0. The worst set of supporters I have ever seen. No passion, no noise, no nothing.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Cheers. You should write for a newspaper. Better luck next week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Starry

Ir you get a mo, go on to Towns board www.htfc-world.com and have a look at the Wigan vs Town report from last year....absolutely sums wigam up to a tee

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Re: Re: Another little club gets a Cup Final

chez said:
:lolol: Imagine if you drew them and beat them in the cup next season.. It would go down as a giant killing!!!! :lolol:

:clap2:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Re: Re: Another little club gets a Cup Final

The Laughing Bluebird said:
Is this a new public service Leeds are offering?

Don't think so TLB but it would have been a great end to a fine trip up north!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here