Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another joke immigration decision.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Dear oh dear. The posters that normally have no problem with immigration, tar everyone that has a problem with any Tom, Dick or Harry who has not contributed coming in, now are very vociferous against this case. Against the spouse of a fellow British citizen, a citizen that is working and has served this country and contributed.
Seems there are a lot of hypocrites when it suits.
I assume that this fellows spouse would live with him, would not get a free house and immediate benefits, lets hope then that anyone else coming to this country gets no benefits for 5 years and has to support themselves.
It amazes me that many on here will support anyone coming here, yet is against a partner of a man that was born here, worked here, payed his taxes here and served his country.
So who really are the racists.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You must be desperate to find a story to get angry about if you ended up with this. That's the problem with Xmas isn't it, even the journalists have a few days off and can't be arsed :smile:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Dear oh dear. The posters that normally have no problem with immigration, tar everyone that has a problem with any Tom, Dick or Harry who has not contributed coming in, now are very vociferous against this case. Against the spouse of a fellow British citizen, a citizen that is working and has served this country and contributed.
I assume that this fellows spouse would live with him, would not get a free house and immediate benefits, lets hope then that anyone else coming to this country gets no benefits for 5 years and has to support themselves.
It amazes me that many on here will support anyone coming here, yet is against a partner of a man that was born here, worked here, payed his taxes here and served his country.

jesus ....don't bring that up.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

A poor and inaccurate summation of the points being made.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It sits slightly uncomfotably with me that one of the key measurements for a UK passport holder to bring their spouse to the country is how much they earn - it seems entirely unfair. Why not instead prevent the partner from having access to any benefits for five years so they are not a drain on the taxpayer ? If they divorce then the ex-spouse is kicked out. This woman was a fool to travel without a visa but keeping a family apart doesn't seem very moral.

I know for a fact that rules always used to be that the UK citizen sponsoring a non EU spouse visa had to prove they could support everyone financially and have no rights to state benefits for a minimum of 2 years. Once here there's also quite a few home office fees to pay in terms of limited leave to remain then onto indefinite leave to remain, citizenship test and full UK citizenship. I doubt any of that has changed much. The non EU will also need a profession that we deem to be of value here, so I assume non professional non EU's might struggle to get their visa. Despite what certain people and sections of the media will have you believe, our immigration system for non EU's is pretty strict.
It certainly isn't like the BNP leaflet I once saw claiming all immigrants, among other things, get a free 21" colour tv and their windows cleaned every 6 weeks for free :facepalm:

Jan 30, 2008
Time to take their heads out of their arses
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
you work for a company in the railway industry, and if you want to throw insults out then you'll get them back, in fact listen to you ...... the class sneak , sir, sir alfred mizen is insulting me sir :tosser:
He cant help himself , no 1 brown noser on here FACT
regards
DR

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sure, let's just open our borders to these gun nuts, who love shooting up schools and killing kids.

Before you liberal elite lefties start on me, I'm not saying all Americans go on shooting rampages, but look at the facts. They have more gun deaths per year than other civilised countries. You can't deny that. It's a fact. They shoot up schools, cinemas, shopping malls, army bases, government buildings. And you want to just wave a white flag and let them in?! Mass shootings occur more frequently within the American population, do you want to take that risk?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sure, let's just open our borders to these gun nuts, who love shooting up schools and killing kids.

Before you liberal elite lefties start on me, I'm not saying all Americans go on shooting rampages, but look at the facts. They have more gun deaths per year than other civilised countries. You can't deny that. It's a fact. They shoot up schools, cinemas, shopping malls, army bases, government buildings. And you want to just wave a white flag and let them in?! Mass shootings occur more frequently within the American population, do you want to take that risk?

But would they be allowed to bring their guns with them, and would they obtain a gun licence in the UK to keep a gun. Remove the individual from the American gun culture and the need and desire for a gun should reduce and therefore the shooting culture is not imported.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here