Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another ipod problem

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
When I am playing a mixed set or ompilation on my ipod that ive imported from cd I always get a split second of silence when one tracks changes to the next, even though it doesnt exist on the cd. It really is bloody annoying, does anyone know hoe you can get rid of it?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Yes I know what you mean, it is annoying, you only really notice it on mixes. I don't think you can do anything about it unless you rip the whole CD as a single mp3 file but that would be pretty shit.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Just one of those things that happens with MP3's. Does the same thing when playing from my computer.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
There is a way of sorting this problem out. It involves selecting the tracks jou want to join and selecting Join CD Tracks from the Advanced menu. Haven't actually tried it yet but it's supposed to work.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Albion Dan said:
Will try the join tracks option but from reading that website doesnt look too promising.

All that does, I think, is keep tracks together under iTunes.

Apple offers a track fade option but it's pants.

I rip all my mixes as one track - it gets round the problem and it's neater - but it hammers battery life because the file is too big for the cache.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Cant you change the timing on "Get info" just to 1 second less? I always change it when there's loads of time, but i dont know if it'll be effective with a short amount.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here