Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Great Scene From the Ashes

Stumpy Tim

They just showed in Australia a shot of Lee & Flintoff warming up TOGETHER this morning before today's test. Whatever happens - and I still think we will do enough to win the Ahses - the competition between Flintoff & Pieterson against Warne & Lee is the greatest we've all seen, and maybe we will see in cricket in any of our lifetimes. All four of them deserve a huge :clap2: for cricket.

Stumpy Tim

Dick Knights Mum said:
I read somewhere - that it is noticable how Australia have re-discovered sporting behaviour now they have started losing.

They were great during the rugby world cup final, and they've been very good during the cricket. Only the players are the ones who look bad - and they're the ones who are actually losing.

I have a tonne of credit for Lee & Warne now. They're true sportsman

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dick Knights Mum said:
I read somewhere - that it is noticable how Australia have re-discovered sporting behaviour now they have started losing.

Who ever wrote that is out of order, quite simply!!
The South Africans take that cake hands down...

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
153-4 - A thickish outside edge from Flintoff brings him his second boundary. Shane Warne has considerable problems keeping hold of his hat in the breeze and gets plenty of cheers from the crowd as he chases his sunnie around the outfield.

:jester:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dick Knights Mum said:
Certainly Lee.

I am not sure about Warne's dietary pills. But he is a hell of a competitor. And I wish he had been English.

Warneys a good guy - although not sure of your assessment of Lee - frankly I think you're wrong but if you want to think the other way - feel free... :lol:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Dick Knights Mum said:
comeon tedebear - spill the beans on Lee ............ why is he not a sportsman ?

he's a twat frankly.... Shane Warne is a decent guy even if he does enjoy the high life, thats not a crime, Glenn McGrath also is one of the good ones, Gillespie is plain weird!! ....

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I thought Hoggard summed up the whole series quite nicely this morning..

"I've been bricking it, to be fair"!!:clap:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I have only realised during this series what a great player Shane Warne is, truly one of the Worlds greatest bowlers, what he can do with the ball defies belief. I agree that this test series has been played with an incredible spirit, the players of both teams have been humble in victory and dignified in defeat, truly a lesson to all who profess to call themselves sportsmen.

A few years ago I lived in Canada and much against my better judgement tried to play ice-hockey. Above our rink was a sign that said: "How a man plays the game shows part of his character, how he loses shows all of it", I think that saying applies to both England and Australia.

This is one of the greatest rivalries in World sport, this summer we have already been privelaged to witness a classic series, whoever ends up with the urn in their mitts.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The most most sporting behaviour of all has been shown by the English who have beaten the Australians at cricket and then felt sorry for them, because beating us at cricket was all they had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here