Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another Falmer Aerial Shot

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry, my own post but

If anyone is interested, Oporto is absolutely magnificent, Part is World Heritage Site and on the Douro river (visit the port lodges of croft dow etc), believe me it is a stunning place. Get on a flight for a weekend away - well worth it

(The FC is Porto - it is a strange anomoly)

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
When I went there in Euro 2004 to watch Germany v Holland, they allowed you to park anywhere.

So we parked on the middle of the roundabout which was on the slip road just off the motorway.

Portugal might be a wee bit of a mess at the moment, but there are some things we could learn.

Italian club build underground stadium - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

See what you think of this stadium, i think it looks stunning.
Indeed.

The irony of it is that Monteroni d'Arbia, where it is being built, is a real shit-hole. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, maybe, but in a community that doesn't seem to appreciate what it's got.

Siena's current stadium is, of course, a Withdean look-alike, right in the city centre.

siena%20stadio%205.jpg

Artemio_Franchi_Siena_A.jpg

And the bianconeri DID win promotion back to Serie A.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Indeed.

The irony of it is that Monteroni d'Arbia, where it is being built, is a real shit-hole. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, maybe, but in a community that doesn't seem to appreciate what it's got.

Siena's current stadium is, of course, a Withdean look-alike, right in the city centre.

siena%20stadio%205.jpg

Artemio_Franchi_Siena_A.jpg

And the bianconeri DID win promotion back to Serie A.

Isn't that West Ham's new stadium?

See You Tuesday!

Jun 17, 2011
Is there anyone out there who wouldn't design their stadium to look like Porto's given the choice? It's a f**kin' beauty!

If Carlsberg did football stadiums...........

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Never seen it from the air but have always thought it was from the inside anyway,the closest match to Falmer-

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here