Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another England thread!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Russia and Croatia qualified from the group stages with relative ease. I honestly dont think England would have done.

The way we are playing, for us to progress to the quarters, it would have relied on us to win and some rubbish team to beat a good team, with the 2nd part happening and us failing our bit.

As Ive said before in the Premiership, our players like to bully the officials and opposition. At international level, there is no oppurtunity to do this and therefore half our players lose part of their game, and we look like a poor team

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
brilliant!

the reason i find it LAUGHABLE that you seem to think that england are, man for man in the top 5 sides in the WORLD is thus:-

1. no world class goalkeepers

2. no world class full backs (and no, ashley cole does NOT count)

3. no creativity WHATSOEVER in midfield

4. no-one, with the possible exception of joe cole, with the ability to run and defenders AND cross a ball

5. no-one who can score a f***ing goal

there

First 2 points a plausable - last 3 are f***ing laughable. Look at Owen's int goals record - we also KNOW Rooney can score. As for goals AND creativity Lampard and Gerrard are amongst the best around. I'm allowed my opinion and if we sort out a few things, which Capello will, we'll be in the top 5 if we're not already - maybe i should have said POTENTIALLY top 5 - now run along and do some work :)

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
First 2 points a plausable - last 3 are f***ing laughable. Look at Owen's int goals record - we also KNOW Rooney can score. As for goals AND creativity Lampard and Gerrard are amongst the best around. I'm allowed my opinion and if we sort out a few things, which Capello will, we'll be in the top 5 if we're not already - maybe i should have said POTENTIALLY top 5 - now run along and do some work :)

I agree but top 5 your joking, and to be honest we dont KNOW Rooney can score, i cant even remember his last goal.

Oct 25, 2003

-owen is nowhere near what he was, can you actually remember his last......3? goals for england? i'm struggling

-rooney is a good player, but not an out and out goalscorer

-lampard and gerrard are both industrious but are NOT creative, if you watch ANY of the sides in euro 2008 you will notice that they all have atleast one playmaker......the likes of modric, sneider, van der vaart, iniesta, xavi, pirlo(although he has been below par thus far), arshavin ETC....english players simply have NO idea how to keep possession, yes gerrard may be great at long range passes, same with lampard, but they are not in the same LEAGUE as their european counterparts when it comes to PLAYMAKING

:thumbsup:

[insert sheebo style attempted put down here]

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We might have good players that could walk into most teams at Euro 08, but we DONT have a good team.

Players like LAMPARD and GERRARD cant play in the same team, they need someone to sit back like BARRY or HARGREAVES (sp).

ROONEY is not a goal scorer and will never be a 25+ a season player.
We dont have anyone that can poach in the box like Lineker used to and Van Nistelrooy does.

The England team that won te world cup was not the best players at the time, but they fitted well into the best TEAM, which is what Capello should be doing.
I agree with you and as I said above in terms of 'good' players we've got an imbalanced side. I also agree with your 'best team' comment as well. I said on another thread that the England team that won the World Cup actually left out arguably the most skilful player of his generation (Jimmy Greaves) and included a more workmanlike player in his place (Geoff Hurst). And England's best Euro qualifying results (including a 3-0 win over Russia) came when Emile Heskey played instead of Wayne Rooney.

PS - I don't know how sheebo can say he agrees with you when you've basically said the exact opposite of what he's been saying!

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I agree with you and as I said above in terms of 'good' players we've got an imbalanced side. I also agree with your 'best team' comment as well. I said on another thread that the England team that won the World Cup actually left out arguably the most skilful player of his generation (Jimmy Greaves) and included a more workmanlike player in his place (Geoff Hurst). And England's best Euro qualifying results (including a 3-0 win over Russia) came when Emile Heskey played instead of Wayne Rooney.

PS - I don't know how sheebo can say he agrees with you when you've basically said the exact opposite of what he's been saying!

Its all about picking players that compliment each other, rather than the "best" 11 players.

As you said Heskey and Owen compliment each other, whereas Rooney is a better player than Heskey

Gerrard and Barry compliment each other well, whereas Lampard is arguably the better player over Barry

Woodgate and Ferdinand work well as a pair, some would say Terry is better than Woodgate

England have gone downhill since Paul Scholes retired, and we still havent found his replacement

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
brilliant!

the reason i find it LAUGHABLE that you seem to think that england are, man for man in the top 5 sides in the WORLD is thus:-

1. no world class goalkeepers

2. no world class full backs (and no, ashley cole does NOT count)

3. no creativity WHATSOEVER in midfield

4. no-one, with the possible exception of joe cole, with the ability to run and defenders AND cross a ball

5. no-one who can score a f***ing goal

there

Humble Pie Sir? Stick that right up your ARSE

one performance i know but top 5 team? CLEARLY on that performance :thumbsup:

Oct 25, 2003
Humble Pie Sir? Stick that right up your ARSE

one performance i know but top 5 team? CLEARLY on that performance :thumbsup:

stick humble pie up my arse? no thanks

yep, great performance, lampard FINALLY did SOMETHING in an england shirt and the inclusion of walcott was a top move

still not sure of top 5 though...........one performance means JACK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here