Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another bizarre letter in the Argus

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
This time from K Taylor who lives in Green Close, Southwick.

'Football fans are nasty and I might not feel like spending alternate winter Saturdays contemplating Falmer Church if they are nearby.

People who support the stadium are bigoted and selfish.

Falmer is a remote and idyllic village, even though it doesn't look like one, and what's wrong with being a nimby anyway?

But that's not much of an argument for building at Waterhall and ruining the Downs, is it?'

Eh? Surely this response is 'bigoted and nasty' by drawing generalised conclusions about football fans. Being a nimby is also bigoted since it does not consider the needs of the wider community.

As for his last statement - what on earth does this mean? I can only assume that his letter was edited to within an inch of its life.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Someone should send that crap letter to JP. It's one of the best pro-Falmer letters I've seen.

Poorly written, bigoted, irrational and factually incorrect. Top work from K Taylor, you're an Albion legend. :bowdown:

chips and gravy said:
from K Taylor who lives in Green Close, Southwick.

"Falmer is a remote and idyllic village, even though it doesn't look like one"

What the f***? In that case I'm the world's greatest lover with the body of a god, even though I don't look like it.

What an absolute TWAT. I can only imagine The Argus published that letter to humiliate 'K Taylor'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
fatbadger said:
Surely this letter was planted by an Albion fan in order to cast the anti-Falmer brigade in a bad light. I cannot believe that it is serious.
Exactly what I was thinking, FB. It is so poorly written, with sweeping generalisations and glaring inaccuracies, it just has to be a wind-up. Printing letters like that does absolutely no harm at all to the campaign.

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Out of interest, how near to Falmer church will the be stadium built? Does this twat only contemplate the church on matchdays?

Never mind the church, you'll have a cathedral soon! Come and pay homage to the gods in blue and white!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
oh, by the way, I don't think I can post on here or go to games any more, seeing as how you lot are so nasty!:nono: :nono:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
It's a magnificent parody. Nicely exposes the anti-stadium nimbies utter stupidity. Great stuff.

Of course there is the chance that it's a serious letter. I really don't want to think about people with as many ISSUES as that walking the streets.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Easy 10 said:
Exactly what I was thinking, FB. It is so poorly written, with sweeping generalisations and glaring inaccuracies, it just has to be a wind-up. Printing letters like that does absolutely no harm at all to the campaign.

So poorly written, in fact, that it could be penned by an Argus "journalist".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here