Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another big company in trouble

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
but a lot wont be that bothered mate... and If i was a watch manufacturer, I would be thinking about it seriously.
Plus a lot of the time, how often do you see somebody taking a phone out of their pocket... walking around, it seems like most people have them welded to their palms.

Most teenagers have no need for a watch, they just text a mate to see what the time is!!!

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Havent they bought the debt to try and get some of the assets by placing themselves in administration in the hope they will lose less than letting the whole lot go back to the banks that had first dibs?
The present owners were carrying on under the protection of the banks who would liquidate them as soon as there was enough money to cover their loans!

Maybe depends on what the loans are secured against if this one is like woolies their only assets really was the stock and the banks pushed them into liquidation because the stock was valued at more than the loans due and they knew if it was left to trade their security was likely to be deminished because suppliers were refusing to supply.

I think (and this is only theory) that they have bought the loan with the view of pushing it into admin so they can get their hands on the business shorn of any debt and will get back what they can from the liquidation of the rest.

I can be very wrong, often am.

Dont think it will be long before watch manufacturers start noticing that all mobile phones do what watches used to do...and panic into diversifying...Only worn my watch a couple of times since having mobile phone.

I fear for WINDOWS. Surely their days are numbered now that we can simply log on to our laptops to know what the weather's doing.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Im not overly concerned about watch companies haha... just an observation, plus ive no idea how to tell the time by looking at the sky. How many times do you actually look at a watch, or a phone most of the time anyway. Theres clocks everywhere. Just think watches days are numbered...

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I do quite a bit of work with a company which was recently bought out by Card Factory. Their model is simple: don't outsource anything, do it all in house and put yourself in a position where you can sell a comparable product at half the price whilst making twice the margin.

Obviously, that's not quite as easy as it sounds but it's the crux of what they do, and they do it well. Unlike Clintons, who appear to have done a little less than fúck all to address the fact the county is virtually bankrupt.

If there's one good think about economic turmoil, it's that it rids us of the dross that no longer deserves to exist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here