Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Another 5 on Monday..... Easy

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Going to be a really tight game, can see a draw myself but you never know. Just hope we don’t get to complacent after our win today. Monday will be a tough test concidering they have a good home record and thumped Wednesday 5-1 in their last home match.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I hereby award Goring Gull the prize for best fisherman on this site.
:fishing:

Hope you're right but I suspect not.
Tough old game on Monday against a side who are very good at home but are pretty awful away - a real contrast. In some ways, while Tisdale is an excellant coach, I think he tends to over-egg the pudding and try to change their playing style too much between home and away. They have a couple of very good midfielders who pull the strings - keep tight on Harley and Sercombe and stop them running and passing and they are a much less effective side.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Saturday, 11 December 2010 | Npower League One
Sheff Wed 6 - 2 Bristol R

Saturday, 18 December 2010 | Npower League One
Exeter 5 - 1 Sheff Wed

Saints at home recently: beat Peterborough 4-1, drew with the Albion, lost 2-0 to Brentford, beat Huddersfield 4-1, beat Exeter 4-0, so they are pretty formidable there at the moment.

Exeter are very good at home though, as has been mentioned. I think I read in today’s programme that Logan and Cureton both had 8 goals in 13 and 11 games respectively. Harley (free scoring midfielder) and Matt Taylor (inspirational captain) are now also both back in their starting line up.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
What a ridiculous thread. Exeter at home are good and its going to be a very difficult game. I'll take a scrappy 1 nil all day long

saint_clark

Jan 1, 2011
They played some good passing football today, lots of movement off the ball and closing down very well. Don't underestimate them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'd like to think this is a fishing post, as I don't know anyone who thinks we're just going to turn up and anihilate Exeter.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
They have done well this season at home. What I would say is we maybe play a different style of game to many others in this league and maybe some teams will play better than usual against us because of it and some much worse. Also some will change the way they play (maybe parking the bus) and others will stick to their system. Unless you're some expert on Exeter I wouldn't go predicting anything that extreme just based on our situation and half of the story. Still here's hoping you're right :cheers:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
By the way, Carrot CRUNCHERS is the correct terminology.
MUNCHERS is used with the word RUG.

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
no doubt we will be treated to we are f***ing brilliant before the game again

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'll take a point but we need to go there with the inention of getting all 3, play to OUR best and not worry about them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here