Anna Swallow Upsets Crawley Fans!!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Downloaded Penguin said:
Anna Swallow sits a couple of rows in front of me at Withdean
So Anna Swallow actually exists !!
Who is she and does she follow the Albion away?
I had long assumed that she was a fantasy figure dreamed up by Andy Naylor. Perhaps Naylor's ideal erotic woman! And that Naylor wrote the column to wind up people in his inimitable way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cant see what the problem is she only stated a personal view as to why she didnt like Crawley Town FC. I actually agree with her I dont like them because of it and I cannot see them ever comparing with us but that is another issue. On past history why do some of the idiots go on about Palace the vast majority would have only seen us a play them a couple of times. Ben summed it up and he is 9 yrs old when I asked him he said "cos everybody at Brighton hates them".

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
northstandnorth said:
so who was brighton bird and wy did she get the hump?

Let bygones be bygones

mona said:
So Anna Swallow actually exists !!
Who is she and does she follow the Albion away?
I had long assumed that she was a fantasy figure dreamed up by Andy Naylor. Perhaps Naylor's ideal erotic woman! And that Naylor wrote the column to wind up people in his inimitable way.

Yep, she's for real. Ask Nathan Jones!..:ohmy: ??? Both her and parents are long standing Albion fans who I believe hardly ever miss a game, home or away. Her early stuff in the Argus during the crisis years was quite readable. Over the years she's become a bit self indulgent and predictable with her columns though....

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
She is entitled to her opinion and by writing in the Argus and getting loads of comments like on here she is doing her job.A bit like Ian Hart and Mike Ward have done.She writes her column to get a reaction and it has worked so she is obvously doing something right.

Ant (Crawley)

Feb 17, 2004
Of course she's entitled to views. I couldn't care less whether she likes us or not. Although working for a newspaper that is supposed to cover SUSSEX, her views are hardly sensible. What's got the goat of most of us is the simple inaccuracies. Like someone else says they repeatedly get things wrong. That's shoddy journalism. It's fine if you know it not to be ture but there are plenty who will peddle that view as the truth. That is dangerous.
It's like a old wives tales becoming the truth...or like the Kentucky Fried Rat story that must have happened at EVERY KFC I've ever visited.

The fact that CTFC didn't want BHA to play at our new stadium is a myth. The fact Crawley Council didn't want you there is also a myth. They were happy to provide you a home providing Belloiti et al could come up with some of the finance. They couldn't/didn't want to and you got f***ed as a result. That's where the blame lays and to peddle it around via newspapers or radio stations is wrong. Shoddy journalism andone for which the Argus should apologise for

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Always have the truth in newspapers ?????????????
Never mind at least a few more have taken an interest in Crawley.All publicity is good publicity.You might get a couple more people through the gates now,feeling sorry for you.
Where were all you fans when you were shit ?

oapdodge said:
You might get a couple more people through the gates now,feeling sorry for you.
Where were all you fans when you were shit ?
I went on Monday. Crawley were shit - and that was just two days ago.

But I was there to support the mighty County. I just love 93rd minute winners.

Amber 'til I die.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Lord Bracknell said:
I went on Monday. Crawley were shit - and that was just two days ago.

But I was there to support the mighty County. I just love 93rd minute winners.

Amber 'til I die.

Wait a minute.....you support the Rooks and Birmingham and Wales RU and Newport County. Hang on isn't that cheating!

I am delighted with Crawley's success and pleased that Hemsley who always looked useful in our reserve team has done so well. Their success should be good for Sussex football generally. As a bit of a Worthing fan, I'd like to congratulate Lewes also and Bognor and hopefully Eastbourne Borough. It'd be good to have all 3 in Conference South.
Hang on I'm as bad as you.

Girl Friday

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Dick Knight was quoted in the Argus on 3
June 1997 as saying that he and Brighton Council had made a joint approach to Crawley Council for the Albion to share its ground (as an alternative toGillingham).

It could be that some people are confusing this approach with an earlier one by the ancien regime - when Archer and Bellotti apparently turned up
unannounced at Crawley's ground to try to fix up a deal.

The reference in the column to Crawley Council refers to the second approach, by Dick Knight and Brighton Council. As it happened, Crawley
Council turned them down.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am aware of Anna Swallows work , and I know her parent quite well indeed (from the old days when they produced the typo and layout for Scars and Stripes when I used to edit that most impressive publication), and I can say that I have come across few families that are more Albion than the Swallows, few families that are more erudite than the Swallows.

And I can confirm that Anna is indeed a very attractive young woman, although I preferred it when she wore her hair longer; but that's just my own personal preference..

Papa :smokin:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Girl Friday said:
Dick Knight was quoted in the Argus on 3
June 1997 as saying that he and Brighton Council had made a joint approach to Crawley Council for the Albion to share its ground (as an alternative toGillingham).

It could be that some people are confusing this approach with an earlier one by the ancien regime - when Archer and Bellotti apparently turned up
unannounced at Crawley's ground to try to fix up a deal.

The reference in the column to Crawley Council refers to the second approach, by Dick Knight and Brighton Council. As it happened, Crawley
Council turned them down.

Didn't they then let Crystal Palace Reserves play there?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
s.stubbs said:
Anna Swallow is a top girl,Albion through and through,I don't know her personally but anyone who slags off those Palace loving w**kers can come and meet my Mum.

:lolol: :lolol:

Nice one Stubbsy! Too serious some people.

Anna is a honey!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here