Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anna Swallow Upsets Crawley Fans!!

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Well they've got a point. It wasn't the club that wouldn't let us play there. It was the council.

Who the **** is Anna Swallow?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
seems fair enough to me.

Who the feck does this Swallow woman think she is.

Lets bask in the glory of another Sussex side gaining promotion and see what a sporting high our county is on, not keep slagging others off.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
dave the gaffer said:
seems fair enough to me.

Lets bask in the glory of another Sussex side gaining promotion and see what a sporting high our county is on, not keep slagging others off.

:clap2: :clap2: Exactly

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
dave the gaffer said:
seems fair enough to me.

Wise words - absolutely crap journalism and completely untrue. Personally, I'm pleased for Crawley Town and it's about time this county had more league representatives than just the Albion.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Blimmey, they're a bit mardy aren't they!

Isn't it amazing how the Argus manages to piss off so many people.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rich Suvner said:
BHA fans selfish? or normally the first to offer a hand to those in need? twats
They have reason to be upset - and it's only a handful of people slagging off the Albion. It's Anna Swallow who's the problem, not BHAFC.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Simster said:
They have reason to be upset - and it's only a handful of people slagging off the Albion. It's Anna Swallow who's the problem, not BHAFC.

the selfish comment was the only one i had issue with. so i should have put "twat"!!!!

the rest of it is correct as you say - isn't anna swallow some incredibly fit bird - i'm sure somebody told me that once. either way, she's wrong though, and even if she'd got it correct about the council NOT the club, it's a bit late in the day isn't it?

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
They are really pissed off with Anna Swallow and The Argus :angry: they are even considering taking it the PCC, and are demanding a retraction.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I initially thought Anna Swallow had got her facts wrong on Crawley, but when I read her column again I was sure she did actually say Crawley *council* turned us down.

Granted she was still talking about why she disliked Crawley, but I'm sure she didn't blame the club.

Anyway, there are a million other reasons to dislike the place, so I don't see why CTFC fans are getting upset with the Argus because of one misplaced fact.
:lolol:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Rich Suvner said:
BHA fans selfish? or normally the first to offer a hand to those in need? twats

I agree. I am not a supporter of Crawley Town, but do accept that they did help us in the Falmer campaign and am appreciative of that. As has been said, it was Crawley Council who declined us permission to share their ground, not Crawley Town. If Crawley fans think we are concerned only with our own club and not others then they should ask fans of Doncaster Rovers, Bury, Darlington etc.

However, the kind of remarks made about Brighton do not endear people to these Crawley fans who choose to deride our club, saying it is "not a big club" and the fans are "arrogant." Does it really matter how "big" a club is, the fact is it's the club one supports, regardless whether it's in the League, the Conference or whatever.

No doubt the fact that they will be in the Conference next season will probably attract more "fans" as people inevitably latch on to "success" - in all probaility when they are not watching Palace or Chelski!

To those Crawley fans who do not tar all the Brighton fans with one brush, I wish you well. However, those who decide to slag us off on the strength of an article by one person - get a life. A more altruistic approach from all concerned would be much more palatable.

None the less I still reserve the right not to like Crawley Town ;)

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I've been over to Crawley Town's board and made a rare contribution that owns up to me being the person who USED to write Terrace Talk!

In this case, yes, people have got mardy but, to be honest, I think it would have been enough to congratulate Crawley on their success without dragging up past history. Because if you are going to bring history into it, it's important that this is by way of more than a throwaway remark.

It strikes me that, with plenty of other legit targets to aim a loaded pencil at every week, it does no harm to stick to the principle of Sussex fans generally sticking together!

Last edited:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
For whaqt its worth, I never ever read her column as yiu have to wade through 6 paragraphs or crap before getting any sort of decent comment.
I did however, read your column weekyl Roz and its a shame that you couldnt handle the fame that went with it!

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
I'm afraid the latter day Argus generation of Swallow and Ward is not a patch on the past. The writing is self-indulgent, unfunny, often factually incorrect, and in a modern style with frustratingly little depth. Chuck away columns that do not represent the mainstream view and in this case deserve some sort of comeback.

Whenever someone ignorantly writes or says that we sold our own ground we go nuts. Why shouldn't CT fans have the same right.

I always bought the Argus many years ago but refuse to now. I even refuse to read Wards crap page in the programme as it irritates the hell out of me. Petty I know but there it is.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Thats the big problem about going from fan to journalist, for a lot of people the transition just simply doesnt work, dont know her personally, but she seems intelligent, and I bet before she got The Argus gig, she would have been the sort of fan that you would enjoy chatting matters Albion, over a few beers.

Her comments about Crawley were well out of order, but equally her style of writting makes her seem, well somehow above us all, oh I am not doubting her and her families loyality to the Albion, but I am afraid that like many other 'fan come pundits' her sell by date is long past.

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Harold said:
I'm afraid the latter day Argus generation of Swallow and Ward is not a patch on the past. The writing is self-indulgent, unfunny, often factually incorrect, and in a modern style with frustratingly little depth. Chuck away columns that do not represent the mainstream view and in this case deserve some sort of comeback.

Whenever someone ignorantly writes or says that we sold our own ground we go nuts. Why shouldn't CT fans have the same right.

I always bought the Argus many years ago but refuse to now. I even refuse to read Wards crap page in the programme as it irritates the hell out of me. Petty I know but there it is.

It really really gets on my nerves how the Argus will weekly get at least 2 things wrong.
They do spectaculary as well!! They made a big who-haa about Iwelumo (suprised they get this right) being the first playing 2 score on debut and next match in the league for 12 years. Yes that is some acheivement not done in a long time......
Sorry but little bloke from different strokes done this in August.
They also said in the build up to the Peterborough game away this season that Gary Hart was returning to the ground where he scored the winner in the Seagulls push for promotion 2 seasons earlier. An even better achievement considering he broke his leg after 10 minutes and manage to comr back on, change the colour of skin (not easy) and put the number 25 shirt on before hitting the winner.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Anna Swallow sits a couple of rows in front of me at Withdean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here