Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone think that Casper's confidence might have taken a bit of a blow after being replaced by Harper?

It's one thing to get dropped in favour of someone else in the squad but for a manage to actually get someone in on loan because you're not playing well enough is pretty bad.

I actually like him and think he's a decent keeper, just a bit worried that this might affect him in an adverse way rather than inspire him to improve.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
He's professional enough to not let it affect him in a bad way, think it will have motivated him more than anything

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hopefully it will have given him the kick up the arse he needed to step it up a level. He'll get a good reception tomorrow, which will help.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oooooh get me. Was chatting to Ank on Twitter - he seems confident 'if he plays'.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
May have helped. Given our form didn't really change with a premier league goal keeper, perhaps it will ease the pressure on him, his confidence will start to return as he shows out poor run wasn't all his fault

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
His confidence (and sense of humour) seem undimmed - comes across as a nice bloke and certainly not lacking in self-belief.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gives him the motivation to improve his overall game

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Agree it should have given him the kick up the arse he needed to step it up a level, im sure he is well aware that Gus is more than likely to get a replacement in January if he don't. i liked harper but for me he was playing to many long balls.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He is a good keeper. There aren't many around who can say they kept a clean sheet at Old Trafford in the last two years. He knows what he is capable of and will play to the best of his ability. All keepers are mental and he will have a good attitude.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Fortunately Ankers is a professional and will realise this is part and parcel of the game.

Also he now knows he is under the spotlight and will up his game or like others have said will be replaced in Jan so he now has a run of games to stake his claim. I would say that for a few games he was probably "coasting" because when you have Brez as back up that isnt difficult.

Speaking of Brez I couldnt give a f*** what it does to his confidence.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
In a way I think Ankergren may have been relieved that Harper came in, it probably took a lot of pressure off his shoulders.

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
Without meaning to name drop i see Casper nearly every day & he's really down to earth & seems to take it all in his stride.
He didn't seemed phased at all this afternoon & never does as far as I've seen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here