Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can't remember the home game - probably a couple of months ago, but the opposition players were hassling the ref when Ank was standing in the area with the ball at his feet, it seemed to go on for ages, felt like 3 minutes but was probably about 60 seconds.

I was pissing myself, I was hoping the ref was going to book their players for dissent, but I ran the dialogue in me head.
---
Oppo Player 1 : Oi ref, he's timewasting.
Ref: No he's not.
Oppo Player 2: for fucksake ref, he won't play the ball.
Ref: The ball is in play
Oppo Player 1: C'mon ref make him play the ball.
Ref: Right fucktards, the ball is in play, if you want to force the play then you need to close him down, another word and I'll send you off for being a clueless twat.
---

Last 5 mins of the Charlton home game

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For me the issue was Hartlepool's toothlessness. I imagine a three goal lead v peterborough, or Southampton, or Huddersfield would not feel as comfortable as it did on Saturday. You would feel if any of those teams got a second with 20-25 minutes remaining, they would be really up for it, get momentum, push on for a third and really take it to us. Hartlepool, not so much.

I mean the problem wasn't the passing it round at the back, the problem was that the game ended as a contest. Keep ball is great, but like a movie where the good guy is undefeatable, there was no threat. If we lost the ball hartlepool were unlikely to do anything with it, and even if they did our lead was such it wouldn't mean much.

I like keep ball, I like winning games comprehensively. I like putting games to bed quickly. Doesn't mean they will always be entertaining, but I accept that, and would prefer we win in such a fashion most weeks, than every game was on tenterhooks and we lost or drew more of them.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Wasn't it the first half?

I suspect so, unless we started the game kicking left to right (facing from the south stand), which we tend not too. I remember Casper being in goal at the family stand end, fog, early goal, red card and all round great game.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It can get a little strange when he holds the ball for so long. But only strange because we're not used to it. If opposition teams are too stupid to not close him down when they're chasing a lead that's their problem!

But sometimes i do just wish he'd pick the f***ing thing up with little more than 2 milliseconds to spare before a player arrives...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here