Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Doesn't annoy me at all. It's quite fun in a grim kind of way, mainly cos he's not very good at it. Only a matter of time before the ball bobbles over his foot into the goal from a back-pass. Or he slips when he's taking the piss out of the forward and the forward goes on to stroke the ball into an empty net. Accident waiting to happen really.

Not very good at what? He has played 28 league games and I would imagine he has received well over 300 passes at the very least and is yet to make a calamitous error.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
You know what?

I hope we time waste every single game. I hope it pisses every single set of opposing fans off.

I hope every team is pissed off as we walk the league, I hope Ankergren stands with the ball at his feet when we play Saints.

I hope we win the league against Saints and that smarmy c*nt Adkins loses the plot as we time waste for the final half an hour.

I bloody love how we play, wouldn't change it for anything.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You know what?

I hope we time waste every single game. I hope it pisses every single set of opposing fans off.

I hope every team is pissed off as we walk the league, I hope Ankergren stands with the ball at his feet when we play Saints.

I hope we win the league against Saints and that smarmy c*nt Adkins loses the plot as we time waste for the final half an hour.

I bloody love how we play, wouldn't change it for anything.

Abso-bloody-lutely

But isn't it truley startling that its pissing off some of our OWN fans ?!

Incredible. Laughable really.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

f*** yeah. If I was him I'd start sitting down next to the ball until the forward chased down. You could take it further and start doing handstands, circus tricks and breakdancing. I'd make it my business to be the most hated man in football.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
If winning 4-1 at home and preserving energy for the last 20 minutes is boring, I hope I'm bored watching the Albion every week!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I think there was an element of practice makes perfect involved too to be fair. We didn't need to do it but there will be occasions when we do need to do it. So it's better to be fully confident in what you're doing and well practiced so that when we actually need to close out a tricky game there's no suprises and we're fully prepared.

That of course is in addition to just seeing out the game and making sure we don't pick up any injuries and burn ourselves out in what will be a very busy few months. I was slightly disapointed, not because I don't like it or don't appriciate its value but because I would really like to see Chris Holroyd get a chance to show what he can do. He gets slagged off on here so I know most will disagree with me but I really think he fits into this team nicely. In the short spell he had on he was calm and composed and passed the ball about nicely.

D

Deleted member 18477

They were talking about something slightly relevant to this on sunday supplement this morning. 10 year olds in the barcelona academy are told to NOT GIVE THE BALL AWAY. infact they are told to be ashamed of themselves if they do, hence probably why they are so good at getting it back if they ever do lose it. IF ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR F**KING BARCA ITS CERTAINLY GOOD ENOUGH FOR US. Ankergren + back 4 can keep the ball ALL game if were winning because as long as they've got it, the other team cannot score.

thread is stupid. all the muppets on here need to go and support blackpool or peterborough if they just wanna see goals. I for one certainly favour a WIN over anything else.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
f*** yeah. If I was him I'd start sitting down next to the ball until the forward chased down. You could take it further and start doing handstands, circus tricks and breakdancing. I'd make it my business to be the most hated man in football.

That would be brilliant.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There were people in D Block moaning that they had 'paid to see us play football, not muck around and waste time'.

Words fail me.

Maybe, but there's a grain of truth in there. The H Block Fire Drill started a full ten minutes before the end, instead of the usual five minutes before the end. There was hardly anybody left at full time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think there was an element of practice makes perfect involved too to be fair. We didn't need to do it but there will be occasions when we do need to do it. So it's better to be fully confident in what you're doing and well practiced so that when we actually need to close out a tricky game there's no suprises and we're fully prepared.

That of course is in addition to just seeing out the game and making sure we don't pick up any injuries and burn ourselves out in what will be a very busy few months. I was slightly disapointed, not because I don't like it or don't appriciate its value but because I would really like to see Chris Holroyd get a chance to show what he can do. He gets slagged off on here so I know most will disagree with me but I really think he fits into this team nicely. In the short spell he had on he was calm and composed and passed the ball about nicely.

He's clearly a very talented lad but all the while his goals tally shows ZERO people who aren't that into actually watching football will continue to slag him off.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Maybe, but there's a grain of truth in there. The H Block Fire Drill started a full ten minutes before the end, instead of the usual five minutes before the end. There was hardly anybody left at full time.

Good. Get rid of the thickets so those of us that want to watch intelligent possession football can enjoy a better view. Read Xavi's interview in the Guardian.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
I can't remember the home game - probably a couple of months ago, but the opposition players were hassling the ref when Ank was standing in the area with the ball at his feet, it seemed to go on for ages, felt like 3 minutes but was probably about 60 seconds.

I was pissing myself, I was hoping the ref was going to book their players for dissent, but I ran the dialogue in me head.
---
Oppo Player 1 : Oi ref, he's timewasting.
Ref: No he's not.
Oppo Player 2: for fucksake ref, he won't play the ball.
Ref: The ball is in play
Oppo Player 1: C'mon ref make him play the ball.
Ref: Right fucktards, the ball is in play, if you want to force the play then you need to close him down, another word and I'll send you off for being a clueless twat.
---

I for one f***ing love it when we slow down play to the point when the opposition players, management, fans get so irate it starts to affect them. When the idiots at withdean moan about it, I reckon we have just about got it right. If it's annoying our fans it must be absolutely driving the oppo insane.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If it's annoying our fans it must be absolutely driving the oppo insane.

This.

Trouble is some on here want a return to the Adams style of up and at em. They wont be happy until we REVERT back to it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good. Get rid of the thickets so those of us that want to watch intelligent possession football can enjoy a better view. Read Xavi's interview in the Guardian.

Oh and this.

As other posters have said the Barcelona mantra is that you KEEP the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here