Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ankergren

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
OK mistake cost us 2 points but his save last week gained us 2 points - he looked good until the last minute

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Just got back from the game, that was a RIDICULOUS thing to do, especially as he attempted a pathetic punch 5 mins earlier and got a load of grief for it. Really pissed off with him to be honest.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
He should be dropped and sacked for that howler. I don't want to see him in goal again for the club.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
There was no need for him to call for the ball as there was a defender ready to head the ball clear under no pressure in front of him. He called. The defender left it. He punched it. Why? Just catch the thing, there wasn't a Rochdale player near him!

2 mistakes - Greer & Ankergren & 2 points dropped against a below average and unambitious side.

Still, a long way to go this season.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
OK mistake cost us 2 points but his save last week gained us 2 points - he looked good until the last minute

Do you really think so? He seemed to have an annoying habit of dashing out wide to the edge of his six yard box. He did this three times in the second half and failed to cut out the ball on all three occaisions leaving the goal gaping. I thought he was pretty poor throughout.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Do you really think so? He seemed to have an annoying habit of dashing out wide to the edge of his six yard box. He did this three times in the second half and failed to cut out the ball on all three occaisions leaving the goal gaping. I thought he was pretty poor throughout.

He also flapped at about 2 other balls in the air. It's so annoyng as I thought the defence had worked so hard for the 3 points.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex

My thoughts too. Up until probably the 80th minute, he hadn't been too bad, apart from the "dashing out wide thing". He seemed to panic under the pressure and resort to punching the ball, alll rather pathetically. I hope Gus sorts this out.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Am I the one who think Elphick was also to blame for that fiasco? Not as much as Casper but I have no idea what he was doing. The rest of the defence pushed up but Elphick seemed to switch off and started wandering backwards right into Casper's path.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Am I the one who think Elphick was also to blame for that fiasco? Not as much as Casper but I have no idea what he was doing. The rest of the defence pushed up but Elphick seemed to switch off and started wandering backwards right into Casper's path.

As fvcking usual. I am not a fan of Elfdick but will praise him when it is called for. However, he dropped back a couple of times in the game to play a Cockdale player on side and put us under pressure. Some things never change eh!

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
Although there is no doubt Casper made a huge error, i think Elphick played a bigger part in it! If he wasn't pointlessly back-pedalling on to Angergren's toes, i'm sure he would have simply caught the ball, gone down, taken his time and waste a few seconds before hoofing it down to there corner flag, like he did throughout the other 93 minutes

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Two of the people who sit next made similar points about Elphick which I would agree with, I just can't understand how Ankergren caught every ball for 75 minutes then started to flap and dash out wide for the last 15.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here