• Casper

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Brez

Votes: 75 85.2%

• Total voters

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd rather parachute Casper into the middle of a big game than Brez, anyday. We want to be pushing up the leagues, and Brez has always looked SHIT SCARED in big games. Casper hasn't.
Which games, apart from Liverpool?
The Stoke game was just Stoke, coming in cold against that any keeper in the world would struggle.
He was very good against Newcastle, that was a big game.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We need more keepers not less, I think we need at least five. two on the bench on matchday just to be safe.
Exactly. What if the fourth and fifth choice become friends and then both come down with the same virus or something. Disaster.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Both have a year to run on their contracts and I can't see why we would want to lose either to be honest - although whoever ends up as third choice and not even on the bench might elect to move on I guess. It only takes a loss of form as we saw with Casper last year or an injury and before you know it you end up with Daniel East flirting with the first team. No disrespect but he is certainly not ready for the Championship yet.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Which games, apart from Liverpool?
The Stoke game was just Stoke, coming in cold against that any keeper in the world would struggle.
He was very good against Newcastle, that was a big game.

West Ham, Liverpool and Stoke, those games. He even ADMITTED in an interview something along the lines of "thinking he was probably not good enough for that level".

Even with the factor that it is Stoke, he was really, really woeful in that game.

Overall Casper's the better keeper for me. Both have their weaknesses though, and that's why I'm glad neither is our starting keeper now.

Oct 25, 2003
brezovan is probably ahead of casper, so if casper wants to get some first team football somewhere then that'd be fine by me......can't see him getting it here

that said, if brezovan really wants to leave to get first team football, i'd equally be fine with casper as number 2

neither have shown in the past that they're going to kick up much of a fuss about not getting first team action, but if someone was offering them the possibility of being a number 1 then they'd be MAD not to take it

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Why would we lose either of them? One keeper breaks a finger and is out for 6 weeks, the sub keeper comes on in his place but the following game brings down a striker in the penalty area, so gets a red card. Who do you have then? The youth keeper?
Brez for me but Casper is still needed.

Kaboom, top post

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Can't see either of them settling for being 3rd choice, therefore I'm pretty sure that one of them will go as soon as they find out who is Gus's no'3! Will either be happy to be understudy to Kooshack?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
West Ham, Liverpool and Stoke, those games. He even ADMITTED in an interview something along the lines of "thinking he was probably not good enough for that level".

Even with the factor that it is Stoke, he was really, really woeful in that game.
He admitted he was shitting himself, in so many words, in the Liverpool game. I would think that's the one you're thinking of, I doubt he's said that twice... Given how many Premiership keepers have struggled with the bombardment Stoke give them I still really can't blame him for that.

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
We need more keepers not less, I think we need at least five. two on the bench on matchday just to be safe.

I don't believe you need two keepers on the bench. When was the last game when a substitute keeper needed substituting? Maybe you can name one but not many, i don't feel its worth wasting the place of an outfield player.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I don't believe you need two keepers on the bench. When was the last game when a substitute keeper needed substituting? Maybe you can name one but not many, i don't feel its worth wasting the place of an outfield player.

I feel a STRONG need to have two keepers on the bench, its only fair, all the outfield players have someone to warm up with and chat to, but the goalkeeper is usually by himself on the bench, have two on the bench and i think it will boost their confidence.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Given how many Premiership keepers have struggled with the bombardment Stoke give them I still really can't blame him for that.

And it was his first game back in the side after a long spell on the sidelines wasn't it? Keeper's often take a few games to get into their rhythm - see Harper's cock up for the West Ham game at the Amex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here