Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Angry or Frustrated today ?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are a mid table championship side and that is more or less where we will end up. Yesterday we were found out. We are massively short of the finished article and nowhere near good enough to go up. We need a new goalkeeper and a 20 a season striker urgently.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We are a mid table championship side and that is more or less where we will end up. Yesterday we were found out. We are massively short of the finished article and nowhere near good enough to go up. We need a new goalkeeper and a 20 a season striker urgently.
I disagree as we have a very good squad,gus doesn't play to our strenghs,actually he plays to our weaknesses which is even more shocking.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
On the way up we were discussing Trevor Francis etc and him being the first million pound player etc. Cloughie splashed out for a proven goalscorer and the best keeper in the world. Look what happened with that recipe. We need a proper keeper and someone who can find the net playing the way we do.
Overall I was disappointed yesterday. Nothing worse then spending all that money and the team don't turn up. Still plenty of Albion sides have done the same in the past, it's part of what you get supporting the Albion.
Gus's reaction is crucial now.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
embarrassed by the performance (i have to face west ham fans at work in the morning) and angry with Gus for the team selection and constant tinkering

surely he is the new Tinker man - move over Ranieri:nono:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Embarrassed by how easily we rolled over and baffled by Poyet decisions on team selection.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
All season we've been dodgy on crosses to the backpost, a Fat Stan favorite, and yesterday really showed this and not dealing with the ball when it's thrown into our box. Gus must have seen all the limitations yesterday so if the right decisions are made with the playing staff IMO I think we'll be stronger next season, to go up this year with so many weak points in the team would be terrible.

Lush

Mods' Pet
embarrassed by the performance (i have to face west ham fans at work in the morning) and angry with Gus for the team selection and constant tinkering

surely he is the new Tinker man - move over Ranieri:nono:

I would call it "learning" about the squad for next season, rather than tinkering. This season was about consolidation in the Championship, with anything more a bonus.

As Gus said in his post-match interview: "I already know what I have to do for next season."

This season we also learned, as much as anything, about how much income BHAFC could potentially generate. Next season we can spend accordingly on the players we need for promotion.

The most frustrating thing is that it cost us all £30 plus travel to watch the 'learning', with very few positives or even hope after we went 3-0 down so quickly.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
OP, do you really think your abuse of the players helped the situation? Could you not have perhaps supported the team? Does it help you at work when you f*** up and you get a load of people shouting abuse at you?

Both! Felt confident after the performance against Reading, but today has all but kill our play-off hopes.

All this talk about an amazing season is pointless if it turns into a damp squid after the fantastic run we had from the beginning of 2012 to get ourself back in there. :(
:lolol: :facepalm:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I was a bit despondant until I read our season had turned out to be a damp squid.

That made me spit my coffee out !

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
This was probably coming as a wake up call to those of us who thought we might just do the double promotion.

Two stats: 1) P 6 W1 L5 agains tthe top three and even the win was somewhat fortuitous, didn't even score in the other 5; 2) now 474 minutes since we scored in open play.

It can all change - I thought we might go down after the Coventry result and look what happened; we seem to have these mini seasons of being unbeatable then bottom of form table. But 3 wins, a bit of help from the others and it is sudden death to get into Prem. Alternatively a crap finish and it is bottom half of table. I agree with the consensus here: Albion are not ready by some distance.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
When the 3rd goal went in I was fuming with anger, swearing at Gus and effin and blinding at the players.
Then as the game went on it turned to frustration because we started taking control of the midfield and played a little eye candy football passing it around but with no clue what to do with the ball in the box.
I was strangely confidant at Half time, maybe with an early goal etc.......but my frustration quickly turned to Anger when the other goals went in.
So now do I blame Gus? Brez? etc or just calm down and take stock of how we've done in the last couple of seasons.
After 35 years of supporting the albion I think today I am entitled to be just plain ANGRY !

you think you were angry..I did something incredibly appalling.

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
frustrated that after going 3-0 he didnt change things straight away, at that point we had lost the game. we had to score 3 to get anything out of the game.

why wait until the 2nd half? even make the change at half time, but he still kept with the same formation!

i'd of rather he went for it from the start and took the game to them at least we could of said we had a go, but it just petered out and it was all about keeping the score down.

on reflection today we're still in the top half flirting with the play offs, albeit just winking at them but poyet will only get better as a manager.

roll on next season on the bha rollercoaster............

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Can't ask much more can we,Gus came in when we were fighting to stay in Div One...took us to be Champions,then in the Championship flirting with the play offs......and twitchy fans want him out....who would you replace Gus with....come on doubters...put some names forward...

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Dissapointing , but the Reading game sent home the message to me , we just don't have the killer instinct to go up , so quite happy and let everybody learn from this year , players , Gus etc , we weren't good enough.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Disappointed, frustrated, upset, annoyed and angry at the result. Ecstatic, elated, appreciative, upbeat and delighted with the season in general.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Can't ask much more can we,Gus came in when we were fighting to stay in Div One...took us to be Champions,then in the Championship flirting with the play offs......and twitchy fans want him out....who would you replace Gus with....come on doubters...put some names forward...

Martinez, when the shit hits the fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here