Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Angry Birds Star Wars

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You're taking a thread way off on a tangent. Again. It's tiresome.
Again, I'm out of this - you're boring.

No Bozza it's you that is unbelievably tiresome when it comes to Apple discussions and your piss poor trolling whenever they release a product or any pr. You`re then like a pathetic schoolkid who strops off when you read something you don't like.

You need to grow up and start behaving like a forum owner again.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But Android users can opt to pay for an ad-free version. Why aren't iOS users afforded the same courtesy?

Because if you've got the money to burn on Apple products then they see they can con you out of money for a game as well ! :thumbsup:

sorry but have to pull you up on the use of "awesome" here. its maybe exciting, cool, many other superlatives. it is not something to hold in awe. the pyramids of gaza are awesome. Star Wars influenced bird cartoons does not make the grade. carry on.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
sorry but have to pull you up on the use of "awesome" here. its maybe exciting, cool, many other superlatives. it is not something to hold in awe. the pyramids of gaza are awesome. Star Wars influenced bird cartoons does not make the grade. carry on.

Giza

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
the pyramids of gaza are awesome.

What these

gazzabreasts.jpg

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
You make deliberately provocative and inaccurate comments which I rise to in order to correct you and then you get defensive as if I'm on some mission to argue with you. My initial question was a genuine question with no prejudice, you turned it into another "mine is better than yours" argument which I simply responded to because it's obviously what you wanted. If you don't want people to point out flaws in your arguments, don't make bold sweeping statements that are inaccurate.

I don't actually want to play "mine v yours", particularly when we agree on some parts and clearly own much of the same kit, but I will rise to the bait if you throw it out there.

I love excellent gadgets, I don't care who puts their name to them. We as consumers are in a golden age of personal technology and for me it's about finding the best made kit and the most competitive prices. The manufacturers competing with each other is great for us on the ground and I want that to continue. Why some people are so stubbornly tied to one brand over another to the point of getting angry when others dare to criticise is beyond me, genuinely.

Why can't we all just agree that the more companies innovate and churn out great new products whilst competing with one another on price, is good for us consumers? Surely we should all be questioning the worth of one firm's products over another's, in order to keep them both on their toes and constantly striving to become better, faster and cheaper.

I want consumers to win, not brand A over brand B

Couldn't agree more with that.....Could be another contender for best OS as Windows phone 8 out very soon, I like the look of this Nokia
Nokia Lumia 920 - 4G Mobile Phones and Windows Smartphones - Nokia - UK

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Couldn't agree more with that.....Could be another contender for best OS as Windows phone 8 out very soon, I like the look of this Nokia
Nokia Lumia 920 - 4G Mobile Phones and Windows Smartphones - Nokia - UK

The New Lumia looks a fantastic piece of hardware and the design is excellent. I'm actually a big fan of Windows Phone, despite hating desktop Windoze, and am looking forward to have a go on version 8. However I really feel Nokia have dropped the ball on this one because of the pricing. It's a very well specced and beautifully designed handset that will undoubtedly be of excellent build quality (certainly if the current gen Lumias are anything to go by) however they really need to rapidly increase market share so as to encourage more developers to build apps for Windows Phone. To do this the handsets need to be very competitively priced. At £450 for the 920 I don't think they've managed a low enough price point to entice people away from the existing ecosystems. Considering the latest Nexus 4 is very similar in terms of hardware and raw power, the fact it's HALF the price of the daddy Lumia means it's going to massively outsell the Nokia.

A real shame because I would love to see Nokia back as a big player. They are capable of gorgeous hardware, like the Lumia range, but if they can't get people buying and using them, thus expanding the proliferation of Windows Phone, they're just not going to make any dent in the marketplace.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
You make deliberately provocative and inaccurate comments which I rise to in order to correct you and then you get defensive as if I'm on some mission to argue with you. My initial question was a genuine question with no prejudice, you turned it into another "mine is better than yours" argument which I simply responded to because it's obviously what you wanted. If you don't want people to point out flaws in your arguments, don't make bold sweeping statements that are inaccurate.

I don't actually want to play "mine v yours", particularly when we agree on some parts and clearly own much of the same kit, but I will rise to the bait if you throw it out there.

I love excellent gadgets, I don't care who puts their name to them. We as consumers are in a golden age of personal technology and for me it's about finding the best made kit and the most competitive prices. The manufacturers competing with each other is great for us on the ground and I want that to continue. Why some people are so stubbornly tied to one brand over another to the point of getting angry when others dare to criticise is beyond me, genuinely.

Why can't we all just agree that the more companies innovate and churn out great new products whilst competing with one another on price, is good for us consumers? Surely we should all be questioning the worth of one firm's products over another's, in order to keep them both on their toes and constantly striving to become better, faster and cheaper.

I want consumers to win, not brand A over brand B

Loving this post. I think the reason some people get so protective over their tec is they don't want to believe someone may have got a better deal than them.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Back on topic, Angry Birds Star Wars is excellent and am enjoying it very much. Its good because it combines all the good bits of the other Angry birds games with some cool star wars features. Doesn't matter what phone you have to play it on, its a good game with or without ads.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
The New Lumia looks a fantastic piece of hardware and the design is excellent. I'm actually a big fan of Windows Phone, despite hating desktop Windoze, and am looking forward to have a go on version 8. However I really feel Nokia have dropped the ball on this one because of the pricing. It's a very well specced and beautifully designed handset that will undoubtedly be of excellent build quality (certainly if the current gen Lumias are anything to go by) however they really need to rapidly increase market share so as to encourage more developers to build apps for Windows Phone. To do this the handsets need to be very competitively priced. At £450 for the 920 I don't think they've managed a low enough price point to entice people away from the existing ecosystems. Considering the latest Nexus 4 is very similar in terms of hardware and raw power, the fact it's HALF the price of the daddy Lumia means it's going to massively outsell the Nokia.

A real shame because I would love to see Nokia back as a big player. They are capable of gorgeous hardware, like the Lumia range, but if they can't get people buying and using them, thus expanding the proliferation of Windows Phone, they're just not going to make any dent in the marketplace.

A real shame about the price and also the crazy decision of Nokia to make it an EE exclusive!! for the time being at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here